Volume 21, Number 3—March 2015
Echinococcus vogeli in Immigrant from Suriname to the Netherlands
- D’Alessandro A, Rausch RL. New aspects of neotropical polycystic (Echinococcus vogeli) and unicystic (Echinococcus oligarthrus) echinococcosis. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2008;21:380–401.
- Tappe D, Stich A, Frosch M. Emergence of polycystic neotropical echinococcosis. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:292–7.
- Knapp J, Chirica M, Simonnet C, Grenouillet F, Bart JM, Sako Y, Echinococcus vogeli infection in a hunter, French Guiana. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:2029–31.
- Stijnis C, Bart A, Brosens L, Van Gool T, Grobusch M, van Gulik T, First case of Echinococcus vogeli infection imported to the Netherlands, January 2013. Euro Surveill. 2013;18:20448 .
- Bowles J, Blair D, McManus DP. Genetic variants within the genus Echinococcus identified by mitochondrial DNA sequencing. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 1992;54:165–73.
- Deplazes P, Gottstein B. A monoclonal antibody against Echinococcus multilocularis Em2 antigen. Parasitology. 1991;103:41–9 .
- Barth TF, Herrmann TS, Tappe D, Stark L, Gruner B, Buttenschoen K, Sensitive and specific immunohistochemical diagnosis of human alveolar echinococcosis with the monoclonal antibody Em2G11. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2012;6:e1877.
- Helbig M, Frosch P, Kern P, Frosch M. Serological differentiation between cystic and alveolar echinococcosis by use of recombinant larval antigens. J Clin Microbiol. 1993;31:3211–5 .
- Oostburg BF, Vrede MA, Bergen AE. The occurrence of polycystic echinococcosis in Suriname. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2000;94:247–52 .
- Hemphill A, Stettler M, Walker M, Siles-Lucas M, Fink R, Gottstein B. In vitro culture of Echinococcus multilocularis and Echinococcus vogeli metacestodes: studies on the host–parasite interface. Acta Trop. 2003;85:145–55.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: February 18, 2015
Page updated: February 18, 2015
Page reviewed: February 18, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.