Volume 21, Number 5—May 2015
Influenza A(H5N8) Virus Similar to Strain in Korea Causing Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in Germany
- Kang HM, Lee EK, Song BM, Jeong J, Choi JG, Jeong J, Novel reassortant influenza A(H5N8) viruses among domestic and wild ducks, South Korea, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015;21:298–304 .
- Lee YJ, Kang HM, Lee EK, Song BM, Jeong J, Kwon YK, Novel reassortant influenza A(H5N8) viruses, South Korea, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1087–9.
- Ku KB, Park EH, Yum J, Kim JA, Oh SK, Seo SH. Highly pathogenic avian influenza A(H5N8) virus from waterfowl, South Korea, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1587–8 .
- Jeong J, Kang HM, Lee EK, Song BM, Kwon YK, Kim HR, Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus (H5N8) in domestic poultry and its relationship with migratory birds in South Korea during 2014. Vet Microbiol. 2014;173:249–57.
- Wu H, Peng X, Xu L, Jin C, Cheng L, Lu X, Novel reassortant influenza A(H5N8) viruses in domestic ducks, eastern China. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1315–8.
- Fan S, Zhou L, Wu D, Gao X, Pei E, Wang T, A novel highly pathogenic H5N8 avian influenza virus isolated from a wild duck in China. Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2014;8:646–53.
- Zhao K, Gu M, Zhong L, Duan Z, Zhang Y, Zhu Y, Characterization of three H5N5 and one H5N8 highly pathogenic avian influenza viruses in China. Vet Microbiol. 2013;163:351–7.
- World Organisation for Animal Health. Highly pathogenic avian influenza, Germany. Immediate notification. 2014 June 6 [cited 2014 Nov 10]. http://www.oie.int/wahis_2/public/wahid.php/Reviewreport/Review?page_refer=MapFullEventReport&reportid=16474
- Gall A, Hoffmann B, Harder T, Grund C, Beer M. Universal primer set for amplification and sequencing of HA0 cleavage sites of all influenza A viruses. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:2561–7.
- Kim Y-I, Pascua PNQ, Kwon H-I, Lim G-J, Kim E-H, Yoon S-W, Pathobiological features of a novel, highly pathogenic avian influenza A(H5N8) virus. Emerg Microbes Infect. 2014;3:e75.
- Webb B, Sali A. Comparative protein structure modeling using MODELLER. Curr Protoc Bioinformatics. 2014;47:5.6.1–5.6.32.
- Nguyen LT, Schmidt HA, von Haeseler A, Minh BQ. IQ-TREE: a fast and effective stochastic algorithm for estimating maximum likelihood phylogenies. Mol Biol Evol. 2015;32:268–74.
- European Commission. Council Directive 2005/94/EC of 20 December 2005 on community measures for the control of avian influenza and repealing Directive 92/40/EEC. 2005 [cited 2014 Nov 10]. http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1415609228714&uri=CELEX:32005L0094
Page created: April 18, 2015
Page updated: April 18, 2015
Page reviewed: April 18, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.