Volume 22, Number 1—January 2016
Multifacility Outbreak of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome in Taif, Saudi Arabia
- World Health Organization. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV): summary of current situation, literature update and risk assessment—as of 5 February 2015. Geneva: The Organization; 2015 [cited 2015 Oct 6]. http://www.who.int/csr/disease/coronavirus_infections/mers-5-february-2015.pdf
- Azhar EI, El-Kafrawy SA, Farraj SA, Hassan AM, Al-Saeed MS, Hashem AM, Evidence for camel-to-human transmission of MERS coronavirus. N Engl J Med. 2014;370:2499–505.
- Raj VS, Farag EA, Reusken CB, Lamers MM, Pas SD, Voermans J, Isolation of MERS coronavirus from a dromedary camel, Qatar, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1339–42.
- Meyer B, Muller MA, Corman VM, Reusken CB, Ritz D, Godeke GJ, Antibodies against MERS coronavirus in dromedary camels, United Arab Emirates, 2003 and 2013. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:552–9.
- Reusken CB, Haagmans BL, Muller MA, Gutierrez C, Godeke GJ, Meyer B, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus neutralising serum antibodies in dromedary camels: a comparative serological study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2013;13:859–66.
- Nowotny N, Kolodziejek J. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in dromedary camels, Oman, 2013. Euro Surveill. 2014;19:20781.
- Memish ZA, Zumla AI, Al-Hakeem RF, Al-Rabeeah AA, Stephens GM. Family cluster of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus infections. N Engl J Med. 2013;368:2487–94.
- Assiri A, McGeer A, Perl TM, Price CS, Al Rabeeah AA, Cummings DA, Hospital outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus. N Engl J Med. 2013;369:407–16.
- Oboho IK, Tomczyk SM, Al-Asmari AM, Banjar AA, Al-Mugti H, Aloraini MS, 2014 MERS-CoV outbreak in Jeddah—a link to health care facilities. N Engl J Med. 2015;372:846–54.
- Fagbo SF, Skakni L, Chu DKW, Garbati MA, Joseph M, Peiris M, Molecular epidemiology of hospital outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015 Nov [cited 2015 Oct 6].
- Memish ZA, Zumla AI, Assiri A. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus infections in health care workers. N Engl J Med. 2013;369:884–6.
- Omrani AS, Matin MA, Haddad Q, Al-Nakhli D, Memish ZA, Albarrak AM. A family cluster of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus infections related to a likely unrecognized asymptomatic or mild case. Int J Infect Dis. 2013;17:e668–72.
- Madani TA. Case definition and management of patients with MERS coronavirus in Saudi Arabia. Lancet Infect Dis. 2014;14:911–3.
- Lu X, Whitaker B, Sakthivel SK, Kamili S, Rose LE, Lowe L, Real-time reverse transcription-PCR assay panel for Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus. J Clin Microbiol. 2014;52:67–75.
- Kapoor M, Pringle K, Kumar A, Dearth S, Liu L, Lovchik J, Clinical and laboratory findings of the first imported case of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus to the United States. Clin Infect Dis. 2014;59:1511–8.
- Smits SL, Raj VS, Pas SD, Reusken CB, Mohran K, Farag EA, et al. Reliable typing of MERS-CoV variants with a small genome fragment. J Clin Virol. 2015;64:83–7.
- Cotten M, Watson SJ, Zumla AI, Makhdoom HQ, Palser AL, Ong SH, Spread, circulation, and evolution of the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus. MBio. 2014;5:pii:e01062-13.
- Wang N, Shi X, Jiang L, Zhang S, Wang D, Tong P, Structure of MERS-CoV spike receptor-binding domain complexed with human receptor DPP4. Cell Res. 2013;23:986–93.
- Alagaili AN, Briese T, Mishra N, Kapoor V, Sameroff SC, Burbelo PD, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection in dromedary camels in Saudi Arabia. MBio. 2014;5:e01001-14.
Page created: December 18, 2015
Page updated: December 18, 2015
Page reviewed: December 18, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.