Volume 22, Number 10—October 2016
Effect of Geography on the Analysis of Coccidioidomycosis-Associated Deaths, United States
- Huang JY, Bristow B, Shafir S, Sorvillo F. Coccidioidomycosis-associated Deaths, United States, 1990-2008. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:1723–8.
- Nelson RG, Sievers ML, Knowler WC, Swinburn BA, Pettitt DJ, Saad MF, Low incidence of fatal coronary heart disease in Pima Indians despite high prevalence of non-insulin-dependent diabetes. Circulation. 1990;81:987–95.
- Hector RF, Rutherford GW, Tsang CA, Erhart LM, McCotter O, Anderson SM, The public health impact of coccidioidomycosis in Arizona and California. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2011;8:1150–73.
- Smith CE, Beard RR, Effect of season and dust control on coccidioidomycosis. J Am Med Assoc. 1946;132:833–8.
- Flynn NM, Hoeprich PD, Kawachi MM, Lee KK, Lawrence RM, Goldstein E, An unusual outbreak of windborne coccidioidomycosis. N Engl J Med. 1979;301:358–61.
- Seitz AE, Prevots DR, Holland SM. Hospitalizations associated with disseminated coccidioidomycosis, Arizona and California, USA. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:1476–9.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Increase in reported coccidioidomycosis—United States, 1998-2011. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013;62:217–21.
- US Census Bureau. State and county QuickFacts [cited 2016 May 1]. http://quickfacts.census.gov
- Blair JE, Mayer AP, Currier J, Files JA, Wu Q. Coccidioidomycosis in elderly persons. Clin Infect Dis. 2008;47:1513–8.
- Rosenstein NE, Emery KW, Werner SB, Kao A, Johnson R, Rogers D, Risk factors for severe pulmonary and disseminated coccidioidomycosis: Kern County, California, 1995-1996. Clin Infect Dis. 2001;32:708–15.
- Sievers ML, Nelson RG, Knowler WC, Bennett PH. Impact of NIDDM on mortality and causes of death in Pima Indians. Diabetes Care. 1992;15:1541–9.
- Pritt BS, Hardin NJ, Richmond JA, Shapiro SL. Death certification errors at an academic institution. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2005;129:1476–9.
Page created: September 20, 2016
Page updated: September 20, 2016
Page reviewed: September 20, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.