Volume 22, Number 12—December 2016
Possible Foodborne Transmission of Hepatitis E Virus from Domestic Pigs and Wild Boars from Corsica
- Pavio N, Meng XJ, Renou C. Zoonotic hepatitis E: animal reservoirs and emerging risks. Vet Res. 2010;41:46.
- Thiry D, Mauroy A, Pavio N, Purdy MA, Rose N, Thiry E, et al. Hepatitis E virus and related viruses in animals. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2015;n/a; Epub ahead of print.
- Colson P, Borentain P, Queyriaux B, Kaba M, Moal V, Gallian P, et al. Pig liver sausage as a source of hepatitis E virus transmission to humans. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:825–34.
- Renou C, Roque-Afonso AM, Pavio N. Foodborne transmission of hepatitis E virus from raw pork liver sausage, France. [Erratum in: Emerg Infect Dis. 2015;21:384. ]. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1945–7.
- Pavio N, Merbah T, Thébault A. Frequent hepatitis E virus contamination in food containing raw pork liver, France. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1925–7.
- Mansuy JM, Gallian P, Dimeglio C, Saune K, Arnaud C, Pelletier B, et al. A nationwide survey of hepatitis E viral infection in French blood donors. Hepatology. 2016;63:1145–54.
- Rose N, Lunazzi A, Dorenlor V, Merbah T, Eono F, Eloit M, et al. High prevalence of hepatitis E virus in French domestic pigs. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2011;34:419–27.
- Lu L, Li C, Hagedorn CH. Phylogenetic analysis of global hepatitis E virus sequences: genetic diversity, subtypes and zoonosis. Rev Med Virol. 2006;16:5–36.
- Smith DB, Simmonds P, Izopet J, Oliveira-Filho EF, Ulrich RG, Johne R, et al. Proposed reference sequences for hepatitis E virus subtypes. J Gen Virol. 2016;97:537–42.
Page created: November 18, 2016
Page updated: November 18, 2016
Page reviewed: November 18, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.