Volume 22, Number 4—April 2016
Deletion Variants of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus from Humans, Jordan, 2015
- Zaki AM, van Boheemen S, Bestebroer TM, Osterhaus AD, Fouchier RA. Isolation of a novel coronavirus from a man with pneumonia in Saudi Arabia. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:1814–20.
- World Health Organization. Emergencies preparedness, response: Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) maps and epicurves [cited 2015 Nov 18]. http://www.who.int/csr/disease/coronavirus_infections/maps-epicurves/
- Drosten C, Meyer B, Müller MA, Corman VM, Al-Masri M, Hossain R, Transmission of MERS-coronavirus in household contacts. N Engl J Med. 2014;371:828–35.
- Assiri A, McGeer A, Perl TM, Price CS, Al Rabeeah AA, Cummings DA, Hospital outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus. N Engl J Med. 2013;369:407–16.
- Cotten M, Watson SJ, Kellam P, Al-Rabeeah AA, Makhdoom HQ, Assiri A, Transmission and evolution of the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in Saudi Arabia: a descriptive genomic study. Lancet. 2013;382:1993–2002.
- Drosten C, Muth D, Corman VM, Hussain R, Al Masri M. HajOmar W, et al. An observational, laboratory-based study of outbreaks of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in Jeddah and Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2014. Clin Infect Dis. 2015;60:369–77.
- Fagbo SF, Skakni L, Chu DKW, Garbati MA, Joseph M, Peiris M, Molecular epidemiology of hospital outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis [cited 2015 Oct 27].
- Seong MW, Kim SY, Corman VM, Kim TS, Cho SI, Kim MJ, Microevolution of outbreak-associated Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus, South Korea, 2015. Emerg Infect Dis [cited 2015 Nov 29].
- Chinese SARS Molecular Consortium. Molecular evolution of the SARS coronavirus during the course of the SARS epidemic in China. Science. 2004;303:1666–9.
- World Health Organization. Global alert and response (GAR). Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV)—Jordan [cited 2015 Nov 18]. http://www.who.int/csr/don/01-september-2015-mers-jordan/en/
- Haagmans BL, Al Dhahiry SH, Reusken CB, Raj VS, Galiano M, Myers R, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in dromedary camels: an outbreak investigation. Lancet Infect Dis. 2014;14:140–5 and.
- van Boheemen S, de Graaf M, Lauber C, Bestebroer TM, Raj VS, Zaki AM, Genomic characterization of a newly discovered coronavirus associated with acute respiratory distress syndrome in humans. MBio. 2012;3:e00473–12.
- Siu KL, Yeung ML, Kok KH, Yuen KS, Kew C, Lui PY, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus 4a protein is a double-stranded RNA-binding protein that suppresses PACT-induced activation of RIG-I and MDA5 in the innate antiviral response. J Virol. 2014;88:4866–76.
- Niemeyer D, Zillinger T, Muth D, Zielecki F, Horvath G, Suliman T, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus accessory protein 4a is a type I interferon antagonist. J Virol. 2013;87:12489–95.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.