Volume 22, Number 4—April 2016
Deletion Variants of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus from Humans, Jordan, 2015
- Zaki AM, van Boheemen S, Bestebroer TM, Osterhaus AD, Fouchier RA. Isolation of a novel coronavirus from a man with pneumonia in Saudi Arabia. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:1814–20.
- World Health Organization. Emergencies preparedness, response: Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) maps and epicurves [cited 2015 Nov 18]. http://www.who.int/csr/disease/coronavirus_infections/maps-epicurves/
- Drosten C, Meyer B, Müller MA, Corman VM, Al-Masri M, Hossain R, Transmission of MERS-coronavirus in household contacts. N Engl J Med. 2014;371:828–35.
- Assiri A, McGeer A, Perl TM, Price CS, Al Rabeeah AA, Cummings DA, Hospital outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus. N Engl J Med. 2013;369:407–16.
- Cotten M, Watson SJ, Kellam P, Al-Rabeeah AA, Makhdoom HQ, Assiri A, Transmission and evolution of the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in Saudi Arabia: a descriptive genomic study. Lancet. 2013;382:1993–2002.
- Drosten C, Muth D, Corman VM, Hussain R, Al Masri M. HajOmar W, et al. An observational, laboratory-based study of outbreaks of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in Jeddah and Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2014. Clin Infect Dis. 2015;60:369–77.
- Fagbo SF, Skakni L, Chu DKW, Garbati MA, Joseph M, Peiris M, Molecular epidemiology of hospital outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2014. Emerg Infect Dis [cited 2015 Oct 27].
- Seong MW, Kim SY, Corman VM, Kim TS, Cho SI, Kim MJ, Microevolution of outbreak-associated Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus, South Korea, 2015. Emerg Infect Dis [cited 2015 Nov 29].
- Chinese SARS Molecular Consortium. Molecular evolution of the SARS coronavirus during the course of the SARS epidemic in China. Science. 2004;303:1666–9.
- World Health Organization. Global alert and response (GAR). Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV)—Jordan [cited 2015 Nov 18]. http://www.who.int/csr/don/01-september-2015-mers-jordan/en/
- Haagmans BL, Al Dhahiry SH, Reusken CB, Raj VS, Galiano M, Myers R, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in dromedary camels: an outbreak investigation. Lancet Infect Dis. 2014;14:140–5 and.
- van Boheemen S, de Graaf M, Lauber C, Bestebroer TM, Raj VS, Zaki AM, Genomic characterization of a newly discovered coronavirus associated with acute respiratory distress syndrome in humans. MBio. 2012;3:e00473–12.
- Siu KL, Yeung ML, Kok KH, Yuen KS, Kew C, Lui PY, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus 4a protein is a double-stranded RNA-binding protein that suppresses PACT-induced activation of RIG-I and MDA5 in the innate antiviral response. J Virol. 2014;88:4866–76.
- Niemeyer D, Zillinger T, Muth D, Zielecki F, Horvath G, Suliman T, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus accessory protein 4a is a type I interferon antagonist. J Virol. 2013;87:12489–95.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: March 16, 2016
Page updated: March 16, 2016
Page reviewed: March 16, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.