Volume 22, Number 7—July 2016
Natural Norovirus Infections in Rhesus Macaques
- Tse H, Lau SK, Chan WM, Choi GK, Woo PC, Yuen KY. Complete genome sequences of novel canine noroviruses in Hong Kong. J Virol. 2012;86:9531–2.
- Caddy SL, de Rougemont A, Emmott E, El-Attar L, Mitchell JA, Hollinshead M, Evidence for human norovirus infection of dogs in the United Kingdom. J Clin Microbiol. 2015;53:1873–83.
- Farkas T, Nakajima S, Sugieda M, Deng X, Zhong W, Jiang X. Seroprevalence of noroviruses in swine. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:657–61.
- Widdowson MA, Rockx B, Schepp R, van der Poel WH, Vinje J, van Duynhoven YT, Detection of serum antibodies to bovine norovirus in veterinarians and the general population in the Netherlands. J Med Virol. 2005;76:119–28.
- Cheetham S, Souza M, Meulia T, Grimes S, Han MG, Saif LJ. Pathogenesis of a genogroup II human norovirus in gnotobiotic pigs. J Virol. 2006;80:10372–81.
- Souza M, Azevedo MS, Jung K, Cheetham S, Saif LJ. Pathogenesis and immune responses in gnotobiotic calves after infection with the genogroup II.4–HS66 strain of human norovirus. J Virol. 2008;82:1777–86.
- Wyatt RG, Greenberg HB, Dalgard DW, Allen WP, Sly DL, Thornhill TS, Experimental infection of chimpanzees with the Norwalk agent of epidemic viral gastroenteritis. J Med Virol. 1978;2:89–96.
- Rockx BH, Bogers WM, Heeney JL, van Amerongen G, Koopmans MK. Experimental norovirus infections in non-human primates. J Med Virol. 2005;75:313–20.
- Mattison K, Shukla A, Cook A, Pollari F, Friendship R, Kelton D, Human noroviruses in swine and cattle. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1184–8.
- Summa M, von Bonsdorff CH, Maunula L. Pet dogs—a transmission route for human noroviruses? J Clin Virol. 2012;53:244–7.
- Farkas T, Cross RW, Hargitt E 3rd, Lerche NW, Morrow AL, Sestak K. Genetic diversity and histo-blood group antigen interactions of rhesus enteric caliciviruses. J Virol. 2010;84:8617–25.
- Farkas T, Singh A, Le Guyader FS, La Rosa G, Saif L, McNeal M. Multiplex real-time RT-PCR for the simultaneous detection and quantification of GI, GII and GIV noroviruses. J Virol Methods. 2015;223:109–14.
- Furuya D, Kuribayashi K, Hosono Y, Tsuji N, Furuya M, Miyazaki K, Age, viral copy number, and immunosuppressive therapy affect the duration of norovirus RNA excretion in inpatients diagnosed with norovirus infection. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2011;64:104–8.
- Vinjé J, Hamidjaja RA, Sobsey MD. Development and application of a capsid VP1 (region D) based reverse transcription PCR assay for genotyping of genogroup I and II noroviruses. J Virol Methods. 2004;116:109–17.
- Kapikian AZ, Wyatt RG, Dolin R, Thornhill TS, Kalica AR, Chanock RM. Visualization by immune electron microscopy of a 27-nm particle associate with acute infectious nonbacterial gastroenteritis. J Virol. 1972;10:1075–81.
Page created: June 14, 2016
Page updated: June 14, 2016
Page reviewed: June 14, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.