Volume 22, Number 7—July 2016
Red Fox as Sentinel for Blastomyces dermatitidis, Ontario, Canada
- Kerl ME. Update on canine and feline fungal diseases. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract. 2003;33:721–7.
- Morris SK, Brophy J, Richardson SE, Summerbell R, Parkin PC, Jamieson F, Blastomycosis in Ontario, 1994–2003. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:274–9.
- Kane J, Righter J, Krajden S, Lester RS. Blastomycosis: a new endemic focus in Canada. Can Med Assoc J. 1983;129:728–31.
- Reed KD, Meece JK, Archer JR, Peterson AT. Ecologic niche modeling of Blastomyces dermatitidis in Wisconsin. PLoS One. 2008;3:e2034.
- Lester RS, DeKoven JG, Kane J, Simor AE, Krajden S, Summerbell RC. Novel cases of blastomycosis acquired in Toronto, Ontario. CMAJ. 2000;163:1309–12.
- Litvinov IV, St-Germain G, Pelletier R, Paradis M, Sheppard DC. Endemic human blastomycosis in Quebec, Canada, 1988–2011. Epidemiol Infect. 2013;141:1143–7.
- Davies JL, Epp T, Burgess HJ. Prevalence and geographic distribution of canine and feline blastomycosis in the Canadian prairies. Can Vet J. 2013;54:753–60.
- Dalcin D, Ahmed Z. Blastomycosis in northwestern Ontario, 2004 to 2014. Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol. 2015;26:259–62 .
- MacDonald PDM, Langley RL, Gerkin SR, Torok MR, MacCormack JN. Human and canine pulmonary blastomycosis, North Carolina, 2001–2002. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:1242–4.
- Rosatte R, Allan M. The ecology of red foxes, Vulpes vulpes, in metropolitan Toronto, Ontario: disease management implications. Can Field Nat. 2009;123:215–20.
- Lariviere S, Pasitschniak-Arts M. Vulpes vulpes. Mamm Species. 1996;537:1–11.
- Trewhella WJ, Harris S, McAllister FE. Dispersal distance, home range size and population density in the red fox (Vulpes vulpes): a quantitative analysis. J Appl Ecol. 1988;25:423–34.
- DiSalvo AF. Blastomycosis. In: Al-Doory Y, DiSalvo AF, editors. The ecology of Blastomyces dermatitidis. New York: Plenum Medical Book Co.; 1992. p. 42–73.
- McIntyre L. Blastomycosis in northwestern Ontario. Can Fam Physician. 1985;31:161–4.
- Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources. Hunting regulations summary. 2013 [cited 2015 Mar 31]. https://www.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/2013-furbearing-mammals-seasons-hr-summary
Page created: June 14, 2016
Page updated: June 14, 2016
Page reviewed: June 14, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.