Volume 26, Number 12—December 2020
Flight-Associated Transmission of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Corroborated by Whole-Genome Sequencing
- Nakazawa E, Ino H, Akabayashi A. Chronology of COVID-19 cases on the Diamond Princess cruise ship and ethical considerations: a report from Japan. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2020;•••:1–8; Epub ahead of print.
- Eldin C, Lagier JC, Mailhe M, Gautret P. Probable aircraft transmission of Covid-19 in-flight from the Central African Republic to France. Travel Med Infect Dis. 2020;35:
- Qian GQ, Yang NB, Ding F, Ma AHY, Wang ZY, Shen YF, et al. Epidemiologic and clinical characteristics of 91 hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in Zhejiang, China: a retrospective, multi-centre case series. QJM. 2020;113:474–81.
- Australian Government Department of Health. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19 [cited 2020 May 26]. https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/cdna-song-novel-coronavirus.htm
- Corman VM, Landt O, Kaiser M, Molenkamp R, Meijer A, Chu DK, et al. Detection of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) by real-time RT-PCR. Euro Surveill. 2020;25:25.
- National Pathology Accreditation Advisory Council. Requirements for the development and use of in-house in vitro diagnostic medical devices (IVDs) (fourth edition 2018) [cited 2020 Aug 22]. https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/8838AD5DB81477D5CA257BF00019166E/$File/20180608%20-%20Final%20-%20Reqs%20for%20in-house%20IVDs.pdf
- Rambaut A, Holmes EC, O’Toole Á, Hill V, McCrone JT, Ruis C, et al. A dynamic nomenclature proposal for SARS-CoV-2 lineages to assist genomic epidemiology. Nat Microbiol. 2020;•••: Epub ahead of print.
- Kumar S, Stecher G, Tamura K. MEGA7: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis version 7.0 for bigger datasets. Mol Biol Evol. 2016;33:1870–4.
- Global Initiative on Sharing All Influenza Data [cited 2020 Aug 21]. https://www.gisaid.org
- New South Wales Government. Special Commission of Inquiry into the Ruby Princess [cited 2020 Aug 28]. https://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/assets/dpc-nsw-gov-au/publications/The-Special-Commission-of-Inquiry-into-the-Ruby-Princess-Listing-1628/Report-of-the-Special-Commission-of-Inquiry-into-the-Ruby-Princess.pdf
- New South Wales Government Health. COVID-19 (coronavirus) statistics [cited 2020 May 05]. https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/20200319_00.aspx
- Western Australian Government Department of Health. COVID-19 update—19 March 2020 [cited 2020 Aug 22]. https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Media-releases/2020/COVID19-update–19-March-2020
- Hoehl S, Karaca O, Kohmer N, Westhaus S, Graf J, Goetsch U, et al. Assessment of SARS-CoV-2 transmission on an international flight and among a tourist group. JAMA Netw Open. 2020;3:
- Bae SH, Shin H, Koo H-Y, Lee SW, Yang JM, Yon DK. Asymptomatic transmission of SARS-CoV-2 on evacuation flight. Emerg Infect Dis. 2020;26: Epub ahead of print.
- Olsen SJ, Chang HL, Cheung TYY, Tang AF, Fisk TL, Ooi SP, et al. Transmission of the severe acute respiratory syndrome on aircraft. N Engl J Med. 2003;349:2416–22.
- Lei H, Li Y, Xiao S, Lin CH, Norris SL, Wei D, et al. Routes of transmission of influenza A H1N1, SARS CoV, and norovirus in air cabin: Comparative analyses. Indoor Air. 2018;28:394–403.
- Airliner Cabin Environment Research. Infectious disease transmission in airliner cabins [cited 2020 Sep 17]. https://www.faa.gov/data_research/research/med_humanfacs/cer/media/InfectiousDiseaseTransmission.pdf
- Mangili A, Gendreau MA. Transmission of infectious diseases during commercial air travel. Lancet. 2005;365:989–96.
- World Health Organization. Contact tracing in the context of COVID-19 [cited 2020 May 14]. https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/contact-tracing-in-the-context-of-covid-19
- Hertzberg VS, Weiss H, Elon L, Si W, Norris SL; FlyHealthy Research Team. Behaviors, movements, and transmission of droplet-mediated respiratory diseases during transcontinental airline flights. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:3623–7.
- Xu X-K, Liu XF, Wu Y, Ali ST, Du Z, Bosetti P, et al. Reconstruction of transmission pairs for novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in mainland China: estimation of super-spreading events, serial interval, and hazard of infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2020;ciaa790.
- qantas.com. Fly Well [cited 2020 Jul 14]. https://www.qantas.com/au/en/travel-info/travel-updates/coronavirus/health-while-flying.html
- Department of Infrastructure. Domestic passenger journey protocol [cited 2020 Aug 21]. https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/aviation/files/covid-safe-flying-domestic-passenger-journey-protocol.pdf
- Department of Infrastructure. COVID-safe domestic flying—domestic passenger journey protocol [cited 2020 Aug 21]. https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/aviation/domestic-passenger-journey-protocol.aspx
- Woloshin S, Patel N, Kesselheim AS. False negative tests for SARS-CoV-2 infection—challenges and implications. N Engl J Med. 2020;383:
Page created: September 23, 2020
Page updated: November 19, 2020 1:47 PM EST
Page reviewed: November 19, 2020 1:47 PM EST
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.