Volume 11, Number 12—December 2005
Passatempo Virus, a Vaccinia Virus Strain, Brazil
- de Souza Trindade G, da Fonseca FG, Marques JT, Nogueira ML, Mendes LC, Borges AS, Araçatuba virus: a vaccinia like virus associated with infection in humans and cattle. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:155–60.
- Damaso CR, Esposito JJ, Condit RC, Moussatche N. An emergent poxvirus from humans and cattle in Rio de Janeiro State: Cantagalo virus may derive from Brazilian smallpox vaccine. Virology. 2000;277:439–49.
- Nagasse-Sugahara TK, Kisielius JJ, Ueda-Ito M, Curti SP, Figueiredo CA, Cruz AS, Human vaccinia-like virus outbreaks in Sao Paulo and Goias States, Brazil: virus detection, isolation and identification. Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo. 2004;46:315–22.
- Morellato PC, Haddad CFB. The Brazilian Atlantic Forest. Biotropica. 2000; 32(4b Atlantic Forest Special Issue):786–92.
- Crouch AC, Baxby D, McCracken CM, Gaskell RM, Bennett M. Serological evidence for the reservoir hosts of cowpox virus in British wildlife. Epidemiol Infect. 1995;115:185–91.
- Fonseca FG, Lanna MC, Campos MAS, Kitajima EW, Peres JN, Golgher RR, Morphological and molecular characterization of the poxvirus BeAn 58058. Arch Virol. 1998;143:1171–86.
- Meyer H, Ropp SL, Esposito JJ. Gene for A-type inclusion body protein is useful for a polymerase chain reaction assay to differentiate orthopoxviruses. J Virol Methods. 1997;64:217–21.
- da Fonseca FG, Silva RL, Marques JT, Ferreira PC, Kroon EG. The genome of cowpox virus contains a gene related to those encoding the epidermal growth factor, transforming growth factor alpha and vaccinia growth factor. Virus Genes. 1999;18:151–60.
- Ropp SL, Jin Q, Knight JC, Massung RF, Esposito JJ. PCR strategy for identification and differentiation of smallpox and other orthopoxviruses. J Clin Microbiol. 1995;33:2069–76.
- CAP3 Sequence Assembling Program. [accessed 18–22 Apr 2005]. Available from http://deepc2.psi.iastate.edu/aat/cap/capdoc.html
- Thompson JD, Higgins DG, Gibson TJ. CLUSTAL W: improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:4673–80.
- Kumar S, Tamura K, Nei M. MEGA3: integrated software for molecular evolutionary genetics analysis and sequence alignment. Brief Bioinform. 2004;5:150–63.
- The Universal Virus Database of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. Orthopoxvirus. [accessed 2 May 2005]. Available from http://www.ictvdb.rothamsted.ac.uk/ICTVdB/58110000.htm
- da Fonseca FG, Trindade GS, Silva RL, Bonjardim CA, Ferreira PC, Kroon EG. Characterization of a vaccinia-like virus isolated in a Brazilian forest. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:223–8.
- Trindade GS, da Fonseca FG, Marques JT, Diniz S, Leite JA, De Bodt S, Belo Horizonte virus: a vaccinia-like virus lacking the A-type inclusion body gene isolated from infected mice. J Gen Virol. 2004;85:2015–21.
Page created: February 02, 2012
Page updated: February 02, 2012
Page reviewed: February 02, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.