Volume 12, Number 2—February 2006
Fresh Chicken as Main Risk Factor for Campylobacteriosis, Denmark
- Friedman CR, Neimann J, Wegener HC, Tauxe RV. Epidemiology of Campylobacter jejuni infections in the United States and other industrialized nations. In: Nachamkin I, Blaser MJ, editors. Campylobacter. Washington: American Society for Microbiology; 2000. p. 121–38.
- Eberhart-Phillips J, Walker N, Garrett N, Bell D, Sinclair D, Rainger W, Campylobacteriosis in New Zealand: results of a case-control study. J Epidemiol Community Health. 1997;51:686–91.
- Friedman CR, Hoekstra RM, Samuel M, Marcus R, Bender J, Shiferaw C, Risk factors for sporadic Campylobacter infection in the United States: a case-control study in FoodNet Sites. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;38(Suppl 3):S285–96.
- Kapperud G, Espeland G, Wahl E, Walde A, Herikstad H, Gustavsen S, Factors associated with increased and decreased risk of Campylobacter infection: a prospective case-control study in Norway. Am J Epidemiol. 2003;158:234–42.
- Michaud S, Menard S, Arbeit RD. Campylobacteriosis, eastern townships, Quebec. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:1844–7.
- Neimann J, Engberg J, Molbak K, Wegener HC. A case-control study of risk factors for sporadic Campylobacter infections in Denmark. Epidemiol Infect. 2003;130:353–66.
- Tenkate TD, Stafford RJ. Risk factors for Campylobacter infection in infants and young children: a matched case-control study. Epidemiol Infect. 2001;127:399–404.
- Stern NJ, Hiett KL, Alfredsson GA, Kristinsson KG, Reiersen J, Hardardottir H, Campylobacter spp. in Icelandic poultry operations and human disease. Epidemiol Infect. 2003;130:23–32.
- SAS version 8. Cary (NC): SAS Institute Inc; 1999.
- Coughlin SS, Benichou J, Weed DL. Attributable risk estimation in case-control studies. Epidemiol Rev. 1994;16:51–64.
- Annual report on zoonoses in Denmark 2002. Danish Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries [cited 2006 Jan 2]. Available from http://www.dfvf.dk/Files/Filer/Zoonosecentret/Publikationer/ Annual%20Report/Annual_Report_2002_fra_Datagraf.pdf
- Agricultural Statistics. 1991–1998. Statistics Denmark: Copenhagen, 1999.
- Annual report on zoonoses in Denmark 2003. Danish Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries [cited 2006 Jan 2]. Available from http://www.dfvf.dk/files/filer/zoonosecentret/publikationer/ annual%20report/annual_report_2003-endelig.pdf
1Current affiliation: Danisco Sugars, Copenhagen, Denmark
2Current affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
Page created: February 02, 2012
Page updated: February 02, 2012
Page reviewed: February 02, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.