Volume 14, Number 10—October 2008
Effects of School Closures, 2008 Winter Influenza Season, Hong Kong
- Russell CA, Jones TC, Barr IG, Cox NJ, Garten RJ, Gregory V, The global circulation of seasonal influenza A (H3N2) viruses. Science. 2008;320:340–6.
- Wong CM, Chan KP, Hedley AJ, Peiris JS. Influenza-associated mortality in Hong Kong. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;39:1611–7.
- Cowling BJ, Wong IO, Ho LM, Riley S, Leung GM. Methods for monitoring influenza surveillance data. Int J Epidemiol. 2006;35:1314–21.
- Lau EH, Cowling BJ, Ho LM, Leung GM. Optimizing the use of multi-stream influenza sentinel surveillance data. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1154–7.
- Parry J. Hong Kong closes all primary schools in flu outbreak. BMJ. 2008;336:632.
- Expert Group on Investigation of Flu Deaths in Children. Report on the investigation of acute febrile deaths in three children during the 2008 seasonal influenza outbreak in HKSAR: summary and recommendations [cited 2008 May 2]. Available from http://www.chp.gov.hk/view_content.asp?lang=en&info_id=12150.
- Centre for Health Protection of the Government of the Hong Kong SAR. Flu express. May 9, 2008 [cited 2008 May 10]. Available from http://www.chp.gov.hk/files/pdf/FLU_EXPRESS_Wk_18_2008.pdf. 2008.
- Lowen AC, Mubareka S, Steel J, Palese P. Influenza virus transmission is dependent on relative humidity and temperature. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:1470–6.
- Wallinga J, Teunis P. Different epidemic curves for severe acute respiratory syndrome reveal similar impacts of control measures. Am J Epidemiol. 2004;160:509–16.
- Cowling BJ, Fang VJ, Riley S, Peiris JSM, Leung GM. An estimate of the serial interval of influenza using laboratory-confirmed natural infections in households. Epidemiology. 2008. In press.
- Cowling BJ, Ho LM, Leung GM. Effectiveness of control measures during the SARS epidemic in Beijing: a comparison of the Rt curve and the epidemic curve. Epidemiol Infect. 2008;136:562–6.
- Cauchemez S, Valleron AJ, Boelle PY, Flahault A, Ferguson NM. Estimating the impact of school closure on influenza transmission from sentinel data. Nature. 2008;452:750–4.
- Flahault A, Letrait S, Blin P, Hazout S, Menares J, Valleron AJ. Modelling the 1985 influenza epidemic in France. Stat Med. 1988;7:1147–55.
- Heymann A, Chodick G, Reichman B, Kokia E, Laufer J. Influence of school closure on the incidence of viral respiratory diseases among children and on health care utilization. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2004;23:675–7.
- Longini IM Jr, Halloran ME. Strategy for distribution of influenza vaccine to high-risk groups and children. Am J Epidemiol. 2005;161:303–6.