Volume 14, Number 6—June 2008
In Memoriam: Joshua Lederberg (1925–2008)1
- Lederberg J. Infectious disease as an evolutionary paradigm. Emerg Infect Dis. 1997;3:417–23.
- Lederberg J. Emerging infections: an evolutionary perspective. Emerg Infect Dis. 1998;4:366–71.
- Murphy FA, Calisher CH, Tesh RB, Walker DH. In memoriam: Robert Ellis Shope, 1929–2004. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:762–5.
- Committee on Emerging Microbial Threats to Health, Division of Health Sciences Policy, Division of International Health, Institute of Medicine. Emerging infections: microbial threats to health in the United States. Lederberg J, Shope RE, Oaks SC Jr, editors. Washington: National Academies Press; 1992.
- Engineering and Technology (CISET) Working Group on Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases. Report of the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) Committee on International Science. Washington: Executive Office of the President of the United States, 1995.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Addressing emerging infectious disease threats: a prevention strategy for the United States. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services; 1994.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Preventing emerging infectious diseases: a strategy for the 21st century. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services; 1998.
- Committee on Emerging Microbial Threats to Health in the 21st Century, Board on Global Health, Institute of Medicine. Microbial threats to health: emergence, detection, and response. Smolinski MS, Hamburg MA, Lederberg J, editors. Washington: National Academies Press; 2003.
- Kahn LH, Kaplan B, Monath TP, Steele JH. Teaching “one medicine, one health.”. Am J Med. 2008;121:169–70.
- Drotman DP. Emerging infectious diseases: a brief biographical heritage. Emerg Infect Dis. 1998;4:372–3.
Page created: July 09, 2010
Page updated: July 09, 2010
Page reviewed: July 09, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.