Volume 15, Number 11—November 2009
Dengue Virus Type 3 Infection in Traveler Returning from West Africa
- Schwartz E, Weld LH, Wilder-Smith A, von Sonnenburg F, Keystone JS, Kain KC, GeoSentinel Surveillance Network. Seasonality, annual trends, and characteristics of dengue among ill returned travelers, 1997–2006. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1081–8.
- Fulhorst CF, Monroe MC, Salas RA, Duno G, Utrera A, Ksiazek TG, Isolation, characterization and geographic distribution of Cano Delgadito virus, a newly discovered South American hantavirus (family Bunyaviridae). Virus Res. 1997;51:159–71.
- Moureau G, Temmam S, Gonzalez JP, Charrel RN, Grard G, de Lamballerie X. A real-time RT-PCR method for the universal detection and identification of flaviviruses. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2007;7:467–77.
- Leparc-Goffart I, Baragatti M, Temman S, Tuiskunen A, Moureau G, Charrel R, Development and validation of real time one-step reverse transcription-PCR for the detection and typing of dengue viruses. J Clin Virol. 2009;45:61–6.
- Kumar S, Tamura K, Jakobsen IB, Nei M. MEGA2: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis software. Tempe (AZ): Arizona State University; 2001.
- Dengue in Africa. emergence of DENV-3, Côte d’Ivoire, 2008. Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 2009;84:85–8.
- Durand JP, Vallée L, de Pina JJ, Tolou H. Isolation of a dengue type 1 virus from a soldier in West Africa (Côte d’Ivoire). Emerg Infect Dis. 2000;6:83–4.
- Leroy EM, Nkogue D, Ollomo B, Nze-Nkogue C, Becquart P, Grard G, Concurrent chikungunya and dengue virus infections during simultaneous outbreaks, Gabon, 2007. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:591–3.
- Messer WB, Gubler DJ, Harris E, Sivananthan K, de Silva AM. Emergence and global spread of a dengue serotype 3, subtype III virus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:800–9.
- Freedman DO, Weld LH, Kozarsky PE, Fisk T, Robins R, von Sonnenburg F, Spectrum of disease and relation to place of exposure among ill returned travelers. N Engl J Med. 2006;354:119–30.
Page created: December 09, 2010
Page updated: December 09, 2010
Page reviewed: December 09, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.