Volume 15, Number 5—May 2009
Bovine Kobuvirus in Europe
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. Virus taxonomy 2008 [cited 2009 Feb 23]. Available from http://www.ictvonline.org/virusTaxonomy.asp?version=2008
- Yamashita T, Kobayashi S, Sakae K, Nakata S, Chiba S, Ishihara Y, Isolation of cytopathic small round viruses with BS-C-1 cells from patients with gastroenteritis. J Infect Dis. 1991;164:954–7.
- Yamashita T, Ito M, Kabashima Y, Tsuzuki H, Fujiura A, Sakae K. Isolation and characterization of a new species of kobuvirus associated with cattle. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:3069–77.
- Reuter G, Boldizsár Á, Kiss I, Pankovics P. Candidate new species of Kobuvirus in porcine hosts. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1968–70.
- Khamrin P, Maneekarn N, Peerakome S, Okitsu S, Mizuguchi M, Ushijama H. Bovine kobuviruses from cattle with diarrhea. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14: 985–6.
- Pham NT, Khamrin P, Nguyen TA, Kanti DS, Phan TG, Okitsu S, Isolation and molecular characterization of Aichi viruses from fecal specimens collected in Japan, Bangladesh, Thailand, and Vietnam. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:2287–8.
- Oh DY, Silva PA, Hauroeder B, Deidrich S, Cardoso DD, Schreier E. Molecular characterization of the first Aichi viruses isolated in Europe and in South America. Arch Virol. 2006;151:1199–206.
- Ambert-Balay K, Lorrot M, Bon F, Giraudon H, Kaplon J, Wolfer M, Prevalence and genetic diversity of Aichi virus strains in stool samples from community and hospitalized patients. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:1252–8.
- Sdiri-Loulizi K, Gharbi-Khélifi H, de Rougemont A, Chouchane S, Sakly N, Ambert-Balay K, Acute infantile gastroenteritis associated with human enteric viruses in Tunisia. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:1349–55.
- Tamura K, Dudley J, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA4: Molecular evolutionary genetics analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1596–9.
Page created: December 16, 2010
Page updated: December 16, 2010
Page reviewed: December 16, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.