Volume 15, Number 9—September 2009
Saffold Cardiovirus in Children with Acute Gastroenteritis, Beijing, China
- Jones MS, Lukashov VV, Ganac RD, Schnurr DP. Discovery of a novel human picornavirus in a stool sample from a pediatric patient presenting with fever of unknown origin. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:2144–50.
- Stanway G, Brown F, Christian P, Hovi T, Hyypiä T, King AMQ, Family Picornaviridae. In: Fauquet CM, Mayo MA, Maniloff J, Desselberger U, Ball LA, editors. Virus taxonomy: eighth report of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. London: Elsevier/Academic Press; 2005. p. 757–78.
- LaRue R, Myers S, Brewer L, Shaw DP, Brown C, Seal BS, A wild-type porcine encephalomyocarditis virus containing a short poly (C) tract is pathogenic to mice, pigs, and cynomolgus macaques. J Virol. 2003;77:9136–46.
- Knowles NJ, Dickinson ND, Wilsden G, Carra E, Brocchi E, De Simone F. Molecular analysis of encephalomyocarditis viruses isolated from pigs and rodents in Italy. Virus Res. 1998;57:53–62.
- Grobler DG, Raath JP, Braak LE, Keet DF, Gerdes GH, Barnard BJ, An outbreak of encephalomyocarditis-virus infection in free-ranging African elephants in the Kruger National Park. Onderstepoort J Vet Res. 1995;62:97–108.
- Kirkland PD, Gleeson AB, Hawkes RA, Naim HM, Boughton CR. Human infection with encephalomyocarditis virus in New South Wales. Med J Aust. 1989;151:176–8.
- Liang Z, Kumar AS, Jones MS, Knowles NJ, Lipton HL. Phylogenetic analysis of the species Theilovirus: emerging murine and human pathogens. J Virol. 2008;82:11545–54.
- Abed Y, Boivin G. New Saffold cardioviruses in 3 children, Canada. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:834–6.
- Drexler JF, Luna LK, Stöcker A, Almeida PS, Ribeiro TC, Petersen N, Circulation of 3 lineages of a novel Saffold cardiovirus in humans. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1398–405.
- Chiu CY, Greninger AL, Kanada K, Kwok T, Fischer KF, Runckel C, Identification of cardioviruses related to Theiler's murine encephalomyelitis virus in human infections. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14124–9.
- Blinkova O, Kapoor A, Victoria J, Jones M, Wolfe N, Naeem A, Cardioviruses are genetically diverse and common enteric infections in south Asian children. J Virol. 2009;83:4631–41.
- Rohayem J, Berger S, Juretzek T, Herchenröder O, Mogel M, Poppe M, A simple and rapid single-step multiplex RT-PCR to detect norovirus, astrovirus and adenovirus in clinical stool samples. J Virol Methods. 2004;118:49–59.
- Chung JY, Han TH, Kim CK, Kim SW. Bocavirus infection in hospitalized children, South Korea. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:1254–6.
- Tamura K, Dudley J, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA4: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1596–9.
Page created: December 08, 2010
Page updated: December 08, 2010
Page reviewed: December 08, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.