Volume 16, Number 10—October 2010
Klassevirus Infection in Children, South Korea
|Virus/primer||Sequence (5′ → 3′)||Gene||Reference|
|6261||ACA CTCCCACCTCCCGCCAGTA (1st)||3CD||(12)|
|LG0118||ATGGCAACCCTGTCCCTG AG (1st)||3D||(4)|
|KL3DF||GTCTGGTCTATYGAYTACTCTTGCTTT (2nd)||3D||This study|
|KLVPF||GTCACYCCMAACACCTCCACTGAAG (2nd)||VP0/VP1||This study|
|KL2C-F1||CTCGCYGAGGACATCACGGA (1st)||2C||This study|
|KL2C-F2||AATCTGCTGCCCAGGCCGC (2nd)||2C||This study|
*VP, viral protein.
- Drexler JF, Luna LK, Stocker A, Almeida PS, Ribiero TC, Peterson N, Circulation of 3 lineages of a novel Saffold cardiovirus in humans. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1398–405.
- Kapoor A, Victoria J, Simmonds P, Slikas E, Chieochansin T, Naeem A, A highly prevalent and genetically diversified Picornaviridae genus in South Asian children. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:20482–7.
- Ambert-Balay K, Lorrot M, Bon F, Giraudon H, Kaplon J, Wolfer M, Prevalence and genetic distribution of Aichi virus strains in stool samples from community and hospitalized patients. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:1252–8.
- Holtz LR, Finkbeiner SR, Zhao G, Kirkwood CD, Girones R, Pipas JM, Klassevirus I, a previously undescribed member of the family Picornaviridae, is globally widespread. Virol J. 2009;6:86.
- Greninger AL, Runckel C, Chiu CY, Haggerty T, Parsonnet J, Ganem D, The complete genome of klassevirus–a novel picornavirus in pediatric stool. Virol J. 2009;6:82.
- Han TH, Kim CH, Park SH, Kim EJ, Chung JY, Hwang ES. Detection of human bocavirus-2 in children with acute gastroenteritis in South Korea. Arch Virol. 2009;154:1923–7.
- Chung JY, Han TH, Park SH, Kim SW, Hwang ES. Detection of GII-4/2006b variant and recombinant noroviruses in children with acute gastroenteritis, South Korea. J Med Virol. 2010;82:146–52.
- Han TH, Chung JY, Koo JW, Kim SW, Hwang ES. WU polyomavirus in children with acute lower respiratory tract infections, South Korea. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1766–8.
- Lee JI, Chung JY, Han TH, Song MO, Hwang ES. Detection of human bocavirus in children hospitalized because of acute gastroenteritis. J Infect Dis. 2007;196:994–7.
- Yan H, Yagyu F, Okitsu S, Nishio O, Ushijima H. Detection of norovirus (GI, GII), sapovirus and astrovirus in fecal samples using reverse transcription single round multiplex PCR. J Virol Methods. 2003;114:37–44.
- Belliot G, Laveran H, Monroe SS. Detection and genetic differentiation of human astroviruses: phylogenetic grouping varies by coding region. Arch Virol. 1997;142:1323–34.
- Yamashita T, Sugiyama M, Tsuzuki H, Sakae K, Suzuki Y, Miyazaki Y, Application of a reverse transcription–PCR for identification and differentiation of Aichi virus, a new member of the picornavirus family associated with gastroenteritis in humans. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:2955–61.
- Pham NT, Khamrin P, Nguyen TA, Kanti DS, Phan TG, Okitsu S, Isolation and molecular characterization of Aichi viruses from fecal specimens collected in Japan, Bangladesh, Thailand, and Vietnam. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:2287–8.
- Li L, Victoria J, Kapoor A, Blinkova O, Wang C, Babrzadeh F, A novel picornavirus associated with gastroenteritis. J Virol. 2009;83:12002–6.
- Blinkova O, Kapoor A, Victoria J, Jones M, Wolfe N, Naeem A, Cardioviruses are genetically diverse and cause common enteric infections in South Asian children. J Virol. 2009;83:4631–41.
Page created: September 07, 2011
Page updated: September 07, 2011
Page reviewed: September 07, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.