Volume 16, Number 8—August 2010
Bat Coronaviruses and Experimental Infection of Bats, the Philippines
- Guan Y, Zheng BJ, He YQ, Liu XL, Zhuang ZX, Cheung CL, Isolation and characterization of viruses related to the SARS coronavirus from animals in southern China. Science. 2003;302:276–8.
- Kan B, Wang M, Jing H, Xu H, Jiang X, Yan M, Molecular evolution analysis and geographic investigation of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-like virus in palm civets at an animal market and on farms. J Virol. 2005;79:11892–900.
- Lau SK, Woo PC, Li KS, Huang Y, Tsoi HW, Wong BH, Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-like virus in Chinese horseshoe bats. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:14040–5.
- Poon LL, Chu DK, Chan KH, Wong OK, Ellis TM, Leung YH, Identification of a novel coronavirus in bats. J Virol. 2005;79:2001–9.
- Tang XC, Zhang JX, Zhang SY, Wang P, Fan XH, Li LF, Prevalence and genetic diversity of coronaviruses in bats from China. J Virol. 2006;80:7481–90.
- Woo PC, Lau SK, Li KS, Poon RW, Wong BH, Tsoi HW, Molecular diversity of coronaviruses in bats. Virology. 2006;351:180–7.
- Vijaykrishna D, Smith GJ, Zhang JX, Peiris JS, Chen H, Guan Y. Evolutionary insights into the ecology of coronaviruses. J Virol. 2007;81:4012–20.
- Carrington CV, Foster JE, Zhu HC, Zhang JX, Smith GJ, Thompson N, Detection and phylogenetic analysis of group 1 coronaviruses in South American bats. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1890–3.
- Dominguez SR, O'Shea TJ, Oko LM, Holmes KV. Detection of group 1 coronaviruses in bats in North America. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1295–300.
- Gloza-Rausch F, Ipsen A, Seebens A, Gottsche M, Panning M, Felix Drexler J, Detection and prevalence patterns of group I coronaviruses in bats, northern Germany. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:626–31.
- Misra V, Dumonceaux T, Dubois J, Willis C, Nadin-Davis S, Severini A, Detection of polyoma and corona viruses in bats of Canada. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:2015–22.
- Pfefferle S, Oppong S, Drexler JF, Gloza-Rausch F, Ipsen A, Seebens A, Distant relatives of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus and close relatives of human coronavirus 229E in bats, Ghana. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:1377–84.
- de Souza Luna LK, Heiser V, Regamey N, Panning M, Drexler JF, Mulangu S, Generic detection of coronaviruses and differentiation at the prototype strain level by reverse transcription–PCR and nonfluorescent low-density microarray. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:1049–52.
- Tamura K, Dudley J, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA4: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1596–9.
- Baric RS, Shieh CK, Stohlman SA, Lai MM. Analysis of intracellular small RNAs of mouse hepatitis virus: evidence for discontinuous transcription. Virology. 1987;156:342–54.
- Hiscox JA, Mawditt KL, Cavanagh D, Britton P. Investigation of the control of coronavirus subgenomic mRNA transcription by using T7-generated negative-sense RNA transcripts. J Virol. 1995;69:6219–27.
- Woo PC, Wang M, Lau SK, Xu H, Poon RW, Guo R, Comparative analysis of twelve genomes of three novel group 2c and group 2d coronaviruses reveals unique group and subgroup features. J Virol. 2007;81:1574–85.
- Simmons N. Order Chiroptera. In: Wilson DE, Reeder DM, editors. Mammal species of the world: a taxonomic and geographic reference. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press; 2005. p. 312–529.
Page created: March 30, 2011
Page updated: March 30, 2011
Page reviewed: March 30, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.