Volume 17, Number 10—October 2011
Tembusu Virus in Ducks, China
- Dougherty E III, Price JI. Eastern encephalitis in white Pekin ducklings on Long Island. Avian Dis. 1960;4:247–58.
- Linssen B, Kinney RM, Aguilar P, Russell KL, Watts DM, Kaaden O, Development of reverse transcription-PCR assays specific for detection of equine encephalitis viruses. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:1527–35.
- Bondre VP, Sapkal GN, Yergolkar PN, Fulmali PV, Sankararaman V, Ayachit VM, Genetic characterization of Bagaza virus (BAGV) isolated in India and evidence of anti-BAGV antibodies in sera collected from encephalitis patients. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:2644–9.
- Baillie GJ, Kolokotronis SO, Waltari E, Maffei JG, Kramer LD, Perkins SL. Phylogenetic and evolutionary analyses of St. Louis encephalitis virus genomes. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2008;47:717–28.
- Bakonyi T, Gould EA, Kolodziejek J, Weissenböck H, Nowotny N. Complete genome analysis and molecular characterization of Usutu virus that emerged in Austria in 2001: comparison with the South African strain SAAR-1776 and other flaviviruses. Virology. 2004;328:301–10.
- Kuno G, Chang GJJ, Tsuchiya KR, Karabatsos N, Cropp CB. Phylogeny of the genus Flavivirus. J Virol. 1998;72:73–83.
- Tamura K, Dudley J, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA4: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1596–9.
- Kono Y, Tsukamoto K, Hamid MA, Darus A, Lian TC, Sam LS, Encephalitis and retarded growth of chicks caused by Sitiawan virus, a new isolate belonging to the genus Flavivirus. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2000;63:94–101.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: September 26, 2011
Page updated: September 26, 2011
Page reviewed: September 26, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.