Volume 18, Number 7—July 2012
Changing Socioeconomic Indicators of Human Plague, New Mexico, USA
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Summary of notifiable diseases—United States, 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011;58:1–100.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Human plague—four states, 2006. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2006;55:940–3.
- Craven RB, Maupin GO, Beard ML, Quan TJ, Barnes AM. Reported cases of human plague infections in the United States, 1970–1991. J Med Entomol. 1993;30:758–61.
- Gage KL, Kosoy MY. Natural history of plague: perspectives from more than a century of research. Annu Rev Entomol. 2005;50:505–28.
- Kartman L. Historical and oecological observations on plague in the United States. Trop Geogr Med. 1970;22:257–75.
- Eisen RJ, Reynolds PJ, Ettestad P, Brown T, Enscore RE, Biggerstaff BJ, Residence-linked human plague in New Mexico: a habitat-suitability model. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2007;77:121–5.
- Barnes AM. Surveillance and control of bubonic plague in the united States. Symposium of the Zoological Society of London. 1981;50:237–70.
- Mann JM, Martone WJ, Boyce JM, Kaufmann AF, Barnes AM, Weber NS. Endemic human plague in New Mexico: risk factors associated with infection. J Infect Dis. 1979;140:397–401.
- Kulldorff M. A spatial scan statistic. Comm Statist Theory Methods. 1997;26:1481–96.
- Kulldorff M. Information Management Services, Inc., 2011. SaTScan™ v9.1.1: software for the spatial and space-time scan statistics [cited 2012 Apr 6]. www.satscan.org
- Enscore RE, Biggerstaff BJ, Brown TL, Fulgham RF, Reynolds PJ, Engelthaler DM, Modeling relationships between climate and the frequency of human plague cases in the southwestern United States, 1960–1997. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2002;66:186–96.
1Current affiliation: Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation, Marshfield, Wisconsin, USA.