Volume 21, Number 12—December 2015
No Evidence of Gouléako and Herbert Virus Infections in Pigs, Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana
- Elliott RM. Orthobunyaviruses: recent genetic and structural insights. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2014;12:673–85.
- Elliott RM, Brennan B. Emerging phleboviruses. Curr Opin Virol. 2014;5:50–7.
- Bridgen A, Weber F, Fazakerley JK, Elliott RM. Bunyamwera bunyavirus nonstructural protein NSs is a nonessential gene product that contributes to viral pathogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:664–9.
- Bouloy M, Janzen C, Vialat P, Khun H, Pavlovic J, Huerre M, Genetic evidence for an interferon-antagonistic function of Rift Valley fever virus nonstructural protein NSs. J Virol. 2001;75:1371–7.file:///\\\\\\\\cdc\\\\project\\\\CCID_NCPDCID_DEISS_EIDJ\\\\EID%20Production\\\\Editorial\\\\EDITING\\\\Rhonda\\\\December\\\\D-14-1840\\\\%20PubMed
- Marklewitz M, Handrick S, Grasse W, Kurth A, Lukashev A, Drosten C, Gouléako virus isolated from West African mosquitoes constitutes a proposed novel genus in the family Bunyaviridae. J Virol. 2011;85:9227–34.
- Marklewitz M, Zirkel F, Rwego IB, Heidemann H, Trippner P, Kurth A, Discovery of a unique novel clade of mosquito-associated bunyaviruses. J Virol. 2013;87:12850–65.
- Auguste AJ, Carrington CV, Forrester NL, Popov VL, Guzman H, Widen SG, Characterization of a novel Negevirus and a novel Bunyavirus isolated from Culex (Culex) declarator mosquitoes in Trinidad. J Gen Virol. 2014;95:481–5.
- Marklewitz M, Zirkel F, Kurth A, Drosten C, Junglen S. Evolutionary and phenotypic analysis of live virus isolates suggests arthropod origin of a pathogenic RNA virus family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:7536–41.
- Chung HC, Nguyen VG, Goede D, Park CH, Kim AR, Moon HJ, Gouléako and Herbert viruses in pigs, Republic of Korea, 2013. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:2072–5.
- Meyer B, Muller MA, Corman VM, Reusken CB, Ritz D, Godeke GJ, Antibodies against MERS coronavirus in dromedary camels, United Arab Emirates, 2003 and 2013. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:552–9.
- Crochu S, Cook S, Attoui H, Charrel RN, De Chesse R, Belhouchet M, Sequences of flavivirus-related RNA viruses persist in DNA form integrated in the genome of Aedes spp. mosquitoes. J Gen Virol. 2004;85:1971–80.
- Lazutka J, Zvirbliene A, Dalgediene I, Petraityte-Burneikiene R, Spakova A, Sereika V, Generation of recombinant Schmallenberg virus nucleocapsid protein in yeast and development of virus-specific monoclonal antibodies. J Immunol Res. 2014;2014:160316. . Epub 2014 May 29.
- Ergunay K, Kocak Tufan Z, Bulut C, Kinikli S, Demiroz AP, Ozkul A. Antibody responses and viral load in patients with Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever: a comprehensive analysis during the early stages of the infection. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2014;79:31–6.
- Williams R, Ellis CE, Smith SJ, Potgieter CA, Wallace D, Mareledwane VE, Validation of an IgM antibody capture ELISA based on a recombinant nucleoprotein for identification of domestic ruminants infected with Rift Valley fever virus. J Virol Methods. 2011;177:140–6.
- Chand RJ, Trible BR, Rowland RR. Pathogenesis of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. Curr Opin Virol. 2012;2:256–63.
Page created: November 17, 2015
Page updated: November 17, 2015
Page reviewed: November 17, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.