Volume 21, Number 12—December 2015
Kinetics of Serologic Responses to MERS Coronavirus Infection in Humans, South Korea
- Yang JS, Park S, Kim YJ, Kang HJ, Kim H, Han YW, Middle East respiratory syndrome in 3 persons, South Korea, 2015. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015 Nov [cited 2015 Sep 5]. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/21/11/15-1016_article
- World Health Organization. Western Pacific Region. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV). MERS-CoV in Republic of Korea at a glance; as of 29 July2015 [cited 2015 Sep 7]. http://www.wpro.who.int/outbreaks_emergencies/wpro_coronavirus/en/
- Republic of Korea, Ministry of Health. Press release. MERS statistics (as of August 18, 2015) [cited 2015 Sep 7]. http://www.mers.go.kr/mers/html/jsp/Menu_C/list_C4.jsp
- Meyer B, Drosten C, Müller MA. Serological assays for emerging coronaviruses: challenges and pitfalls. Virus Res. 2014;194:175–83.
- Drosten C, Meyer B, Müller MA, Corman VM, Al-Masri M, Hossain R, Transmission of MERS-coronavirus in household contacts. N Engl J Med. 2014;371:828–35.
- Wicklin R. SAS Institute. Jittering to prevent overplotting in statistical graphics [cited 2015 Sep 10]. http://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2011/07/05/jittering-to-prevent-overplotting-in-statistical-graphics.html
- Zhang A, Huang Y, Tian D, Lau EH, Wan Y, Liu X, Kinetics of serological responses in influenza A(H7N9)–infected patients correlate with clinical outcome in China, 2013. Euro Surveill. 2013;18:20657 .
- Ho MS, Chen WJ, Chen HY, Lin SF, Wang MC, Di J, Neutralizing antibody response and SARS severity. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:1730–7.
- Hemida MG, Perera RA, Al Jassim RA, Kayali G, Siu LY, Wang P, Seroepidemiology of Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) coronavirus in Saudi Arabia (1993) and Australia (2014) and characterisation of assay specificity. Euro Surveill. 2014;19:20828 .
- Cao WC, Liu W, Zhang PH, Zhang F, Richardus JH. Disappearance of antibodies to SARS-associated coronavirus after recovery. N Engl J Med. 2007;357:1162–3.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: November 17, 2015
Page updated: November 17, 2015
Page reviewed: November 17, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.