Volume 21, Number 8—August 2015
Genome of Emerging Norovirus GII.17, United States, 2014
- Patel MM, Widdowson MA, Glass RI, Akazawa K, Vinje J, Parashar UD. Systematic literature review of role of noroviruses in sporadic gastroenteritis. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1224–31 .
- Green KY. Caliciviridae: The noroviruses. In: Knipe HP, Howley PM, editors. Fields virology. 6th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins; 2013. p. 582–608.
- Parra GI, Green KY. Sequential gastroenteritis episodes caused by 2 norovirus genotypes. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014;20:1016–8.
- Saito M, Goel-Apaza S, Espetia S, Velasquez D, Cabrera L, Loli S, Multiple norovirus infections in a birth cohort in a Peruvian periurban community. Clin Infect Dis. 2014;58:483–91.
- Sakon N, Yamazaki K, Nakata K, Kanbayashi D, Yoda T, Mantani M, Impact of genotype-specific herd immunity on the circulatory dynamism of norovirus: a 10-year longitudinal study of viral acute gastroenteritis. J Infect Dis. 2015;211:879–88.
- Kroneman A, Vega E, Vennema H, Vinje J, White PA, Hansman G, Proposal for a unified norovirus nomenclature and genotyping. Arch Virol. 2013;158:2059–68.
- Bull RA, Hansman GS, Clancy LE, Tanaka MM, Rawlinson WD, White PA. Norovirus recombination in ORF1/ORF2 overlap. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:1079–85.
- Debbink K, Lindesmith LC, Donaldson EF, Baric RS. Norovirus immunity and the great escape. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002921.
- Lu J, Sun L, Fang L, Yang F, Mo Y, Lao J, Gastroenteritis outbreaks caused by norovirus GII.17, Guangdong Province, China, 2014–2015. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015 [cited 2015 May 1]. .
- Tamura K, Stecher G, Peterson D, Filipski A, Kumar S. MEGA6: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis version 6.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:2725–9.
- Zheng DP, Ando T, Fankhauser RL, Beard RS, Glass RI, Monroe SS. Norovirus classification and proposed strain nomenclature. Virology. 2006;346:312–23.
Page created: July 15, 2015
Page updated: July 15, 2015
Page reviewed: July 15, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.