Volume 22, Number 4—April 2016
Evaluation of Viremia Frequencies of a Novel Human Pegivirus by Using Bioinformatic Screening and PCR
- Lipkin WI, Anthony SJ. Virus hunting. Virology. 2015;479–480:194–9.
- Chiu CY. Viral pathogen discovery. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2013;16:468–78.
- Lei XY, Liu MM, Yu XJ. Severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome and its pathogen SFTSV. Microbes Infect. 2015;17:149–54.
- McMullan LK, Folk SM, Kelly AJ, MacNeil A, Goldsmith CS, Metcalfe MG, A new phlebovirus associated with severe febrile illness in Missouri. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:834–41.
- Lipkin WI, Firth C. Viral surveillance and discovery. Curr Opin Virol. 2013;3:199–204.
- Kapoor A, Kumar A, Simmonds P, Bhuva N, Singh CL, Lee B, Virome Analysis of transfusion recipients reveals a novel human virus that shares genomic features with hepaciviruses and pegiviruses. MBio. 2015;6:e01466–15 .
- Petty TJ, Cordey S, Padioleau I, Docquier M, Turin L, Preynat-Seauve O, Comprehensive human virus screening using high-throughput sequencing with a user-friendly representation of bioinformatics analysis: a pilot study. J Clin Microbiol. 2014;52:3351–61.
- Li L, Deng X, Mee ET, Collot-Teixeira S, Anderson R, Schepelmann S, Comparing viral metagenomics methods using a highly multiplexed human viral pathogens reagent. J Virol Methods. 2015;213:139–46.
- Greninger AL, Naccache SN, Federman S, Yu G, Mbala P, Bres V, Rapid metagenomic identification of viral pathogens in clinical samples by real-time nanopore sequencing analysis. Genome Med. 2015;7:99;0220–9.
- Hilgartner MW, Donfield SM, Willoughby A, Contant CF Jr, Evatt BL, Gomperts ED, Hemophilia growth and development study. Design, methods, and entry data. Am J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 1993;15:208–18.
- SPARTAC Trial Investigators. Fidler S, Porter K, Ewings F, Frater J, Ramjee G, Cooper D, et al. Short-course antiretroviral therapy in primary HIV infection. N Engl J Med. 2013;368:207–17.
- Matthews PC, Adland E, Listgarten J, Leslie A, Mkhwanazi N, Carlson JM, HLA-A*7401-mediated control of HIV viremia is independent of its linkage disequilibrium with HLA-B*5703. J Immunol. 2011;186:5675–86.
- Iles JC, Abby Harrison GL, Lyons S, Djoko CF, Tamoufe U, Lebreton M, Hepatitis C virus infections in the Democratic Republic of Congo exhibit a cohort effect. Infect Genet Evol. 2013;19:386–94.
- Yang X, Charlebois P, Gnerre S, Coole MG, Lennon NJ, Levin JZ, De novo assembly of highly diverse viral populations. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:475.
- Simmonds P. SSE: a nucleotide and amino acid sequence analysis platform. BMC Res Notes. 2012;5:50.
- Tamura K, Stecher G, Peterson D, Filipski A, Kumar S. MEGA6: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis version 6.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2013;30:2725–9.
- Simmonds P, Tuplin A, Evans DJ. Detection of genome-scale ordered RNA structure (GORS) in genomes of positive-stranded RNA viruses: Implications for virus evolution and host persistence. RNA. 2004;10:1337–51.
- Tavaré S. Some probabilistic and statistical problems in the analysis of DNA sequences. In: Miura RM, editor. Lectures on mathematics in the life sciences. Volume 17. Providence (RI): American Mathematical Society; 1986. p. 57–86.
- Van Vliet KE, Muir P, Echevarria JM, Klapper PE, Cleator GM, Van Loon AM. Multicenter proficiency testing of nucleic acid amplification methods for the detection of enteroviruses. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:3390–2.
- Kircher M, Sawyer S, Meyer M. Double indexing overcomes inaccuracies in multiplex sequencing on the Illumina platform. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:e3.
- Kwok S, Higuchi R. Avoiding false positives with PCR. Nature. 1989;339:237–8.
- Scallan MF, Clutterbuck D, Jarvis LM, Scott GR, Simmonds P. Sexual transmission of GB virus-C/hepatitis G virus. J Med Virol. 1998;55:203–8.
- Wu JC, Sheng WY, Huang YH, Hwang SJ, Lee SD. Prevalence and risk factor analysis of GBV-C/HGV infection in prostitutes. J Med Virol. 1997;52:83–5.
- Rubio A, Rey C, Sanchez Quijano A, Leal M, Pineda JA, Lissen E, Is hepatitis G virus transmitted sexually? JAMA. 1997;277:532–3.
- Nerurkar VR, Chua PK, Hoffmann PR, Dashwood WM, Shikuma CM, Yanagihara R. High prevalence of GB virus C hepatitis G virus infection among homosexual men infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1: Evidence for sexual transmission. J Med Virol. 1998;56:123–7.
- Dawson GJ, Schlauder GG. PilotMatias TJ, Thiele D, Leary TP, Murphy P et al. Prevalence studies of GB virus-C infection using reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction. J Med Virol. 1996;50:97–103.
- Liu HF, Goderniaux E, Burtonboy G, Goubau P. Molecular analysis of GB virus C/hepatitis G virus in HIV-1–positive intravenous drug users in Belgium. J Hum Virol. 1999;2:115–20 .
- Davis M, Sagan S, Pezacki J, Evans DJ, Simmonds P. Bioinformatic and physical characterisation of genome-scale ordered RNA structure (GORS) in mammalian RNA viruses. J Virol. 2008;82:11824–36.
- Sharp CP, Lail A, Donfield S, Gomperts ED, Simmonds P. Virologic and clinical features of primary infection with human parvovirus 4 in subjects with hemophilia: frequent transmission by virally inactivated clotting factor concentrates. Transfusion. 2012;52:1482–9.
- Matthews PC, Malik A, Simmons R, Sharp C, Simmonds P, Klenerman P. PARV4: an emerging tetraparvovirus. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004036.
Page created: March 15, 2016
Page updated: March 15, 2016
Page reviewed: March 15, 2016
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.