Volume 23, Number 12—December 2017
Phylogenetic Characterization of Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Virus, Spain
- Chamberlain J, Cook N, Lloyd G, Mioulet V, Tolley H, Hewson R. Co-evolutionary patterns of variation in small and large RNA segments of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:3337–41.
- Deyde VM, Khristova ML, Rollin PE, Ksiazek TG, Nichol ST. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus genomics and global diversity. J Virol. 2006;80:8834–42.
- Anagnostou V, Papa A. Evolution of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus. Infect Genet Evol. 2009;9:948–54.
- Carroll SA, Bird BH, Rollin PE, Nichol ST. Ancient common ancestry of Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2010;55:1103–10.
- Aradaib IE, Erickson BR, Karsany MS, Khristova ML, Elageb RM, Mohamed ME, et al. Multiple Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus strains are associated with disease outbreaks in Sudan, 2008-2009. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2011;5:e1159.
- Singh P, Chhabra M, Sharma P, Jaiswal R, Singh G, Mittal V, et al. Molecular epidemiology of Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever virus in India. Epidemiol Infect. 2016;15:1–4.
- Hoogstraal H. The epidemiology of tick-borne Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever in Asia, Europe, and Africa. J Med Entomol. 1979;15:307–417.
- Bente DA, Forrester NL, Watts DM, McAuley AJ, Whitehouse CA, Bray M. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever: history, epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical syndrome and genetic diversity. Antiviral Res. 2013;100:159–89.
- Filipe AR, Calisher CH, Lazuick J. Antibodies to Congo-Crimean haemorrhagic fever, Dhori, Thogoto and Bhanja viruses in southern Portugal. Acta Virol. 1985;29:324–8.
- Estrada-Peña A, Palomar AM, Santibáñez P, Sánchez N, Habela MA, Portillo A, et al. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus in ticks, Southwestern Europe, 2010. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:179–80.
- Palomar AM, Portillo A, Santibáñez P, Mazuelas D, Arizaga J, Crespo A, et al. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus in ticks from migratory birds, Morocco. Emerg Infect Dis. 2013;19:260–3.
- Negredo A, de la Calle-Prieto F, Palencia-Herrejón E, Mora-Rillo M, Astray-Mochales J, Sánchez-Seco MP, et al.; Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever@Madrid Working Group. Autochthonous Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever in Spain. N Engl J Med. 2017;377:154–61.
- Blackley DJ, Wiley MR, Ladner JT, Fallah M, Lo T, Gilbert ML, Gregory C, et al. Reduced evolutionary rate in reemerged Ebola virus transmission chains. Sci Adv. 2016;29;2:e1600378.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: November 16, 2017
Page updated: November 16, 2017
Page reviewed: November 16, 2017
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.