Volume 14, Number 11—November 2008
Use of Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Test to Identify Plasmodium knowlesi Infection
- Singh B, Kim Sung L, Matusop A, Radhakrishnan A, Shamsul SS, Cox-Singh J, A large focus of naturally acquired Plasmodium knowlesi infections in human beings. Lancet. 2004;363:1017–24.
- Cox-Singh J, Davis TM, Lee KS, Shamsul SS, Matusop A, Ratnam S, Plasmodium knowlesi malaria in humans is widely distributed and potentially life threatening. Clin Infect Dis. 2008;46:165–71.
- Jongwutiwes S, Putaporntip C, Iwasaki T, Sata T, Kanbara H. Naturally acquired Plasmodium knowlesi malaria in human, Thailand. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:2211–3.
- Ng OT, Ooi EE, Lee CC, Lee PJ, Ng LC, Pei SW, Naturally acquired human Plasmodium knowlesi infection, Singapore. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:814–6.
- Luchavez J, Espino F, Curameng P, Espina R, Bell D, Chiodini P, Human infections with Plasmodium knowlesi, the Philippines. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:811–3.
- Knowles R, White RS. Studies in the parasitology of malaria. Indian Med Res Memoirs No. 18, Calcutta (India): Thacker, Spink, and Co.; 1930.
- Cohen JE. Heterologous immunity in human malaria. Q Rev Biol. 1973;48:467–89.
- Chin W, Contacos PG, Collins WE, Jeter MH, Alpert E. Experimental mosquito-transmission of Plasmodium knowlesi to man and monkey. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1968;17:355–8.
- Eyles DE, Coatney GR, Getz ME. Vivax-type malaria parasites of macaques transmissible to man. Science. 1960;131:1812–3.
- Baimai V. Population cytogenetics of the malaria vector Anopheles leucosphyrus group. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 1988;19:667–80.
- Brown WM, Yowell CA, Hoard A, Vander Jagt TA, Hunsaker LA, Deck LM, Comparative structural analysis and kinetic properties of lactate dehydrogenases from the four species of human malarial parasites. Biochemistry. 2004;43:6219–29.
- Piper R, Lebras J, Wentworth L, Hunt-Cooke A, Houzé S, Chiodini P, Immunocapture diagnostic assays for malaria using Plasmodium lactate dehydrogenase (pLDH). Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1999;60:109–18.
- Torda AE, Procter JB, Huber T. Wurst: a protein threading server with a structural scoring function, sequence profiles and optimized substitution matrices. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:W532–5.
- Boyd MF, Kitchen SF. Simultaneous inoculation with Plasmodium vivax and Plasmodium falciparum. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1937;17:855–61.
- Boyd MF, Kitchen SF, Matthews CB. Consecutive inoculations with Plasmodium vivax and Plasmodium falciparum. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1938;18:141–50.
Page created: July 21, 2010
Page updated: July 21, 2010
Page reviewed: July 21, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.