Volume 16, Number 6—June 2010
Novel Betaherpesvirus in Bats
- Wong S, Lau S, Woo P, Yuen KY. Bats as a continuing source of emerging infections in humans. Rev Med Virol. 2007;17:67–91.
- Maeda K, Hondo E, Terakawa J, Kiso Y, Nakaichi N, Endoh D, Isolation of novel adenovirus from fruit bat (Pteropus dasymallus yayeyamae). Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:347–9.
- Omatsu T, Watanabe S, Akashi H, Yoshikawa Y. Biological characters of bats in relation to natural reservoir of emerging viruses. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2007;30:357–74.
- Watanabe S, Ueda N, Iha K, Masangkay JS, Fujii H, Alviola P, Detection of a new bat gammaherpesvirus in the Philippines. Virus Genes. 2009;39:90–3.
- Watanabe S, Mizutani T, Sakai K, Kato K, Tohya Y, Fukushi S, Ligation-mediated amplification for effective rapid determination of viral RNA sequences (RDV). J Clin Virol. 2008;43:56–9.
- Mizutani T, Endoh D, Okamoto M, Shirato K, Shimizu H, Arita M, Rapid genome sequencing of RNA viruses. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:322–4.
- VanDevanter DR, Warrener P, Bennett L, Schultz ER, Coulter S, Garber RL, Detection and analysis of diverse herpesviral species by consensus primer PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 1996;34:1666–71.
- Tamura K, Dudley J, Nei M, Kumar S. MEGA4: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis (MEGA) software version 4.0. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1596–9.
- Razafindratsimandresy R, Jeanmaire EM, Counor D, Vasconcelos PF, Sall AA, Reynes JM. Partial molecular characterization of alphaherpesviruses isolated from tropical bats. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:44–7.
- Wibbelt G, Kurth A, Yasmum N, Bannert M, Nagel S, Nitsche A, Discovery of herpesviruses in bats. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:2651–5.
Page created: February 10, 2011
Page updated: February 10, 2011
Page reviewed: February 10, 2011
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.