Volume 18, Number 2—February 2012
Phylogeography of Francisella tularensis subsp. holarctica, Europe
- Dennis DT, Inglesby TV, Henderson DA, Bartlett JG, Ascher MS, Eitzen E, Tularemia as a biological weapon: medical and public health management. JAMA. 2001;285:2763–73.
- Rotz LD, Khan AS, Lillibridge SR, Ostroff SM, Hughes JM. Public health assessment of potential biological terrorism agents. Emerg Infect Dis. 2002;8:225–30.
- Keim P, Johansson A, Wagner DM. Molecular epidemiology, evolution, and ecology of Francisella. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1105:30–66.
- Keim PS, Wagner DM. Humans and evolutionary and ecological forces shaped the phylogeography of recently emerged diseases. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2009;7:813–21.
- Vogler AJ, Birdsell D, Price LB, Bowers JR, Beckstrom-Sternberg SM, Auerbach RK, Phylogeography of Francisella tularensis: global expansion of a highly fit clone. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:2474–84.
- Chanturia G, Birdsell DN, Kekelidze M, Zhgenti E, Babuadze G, Tsertsvadze N, Phylogeography of Francisella tularensis subspecies holarctica from the country of Georgia. BMC Microbiol. 2011;11:139.
- Pilo P, Johansson A, Frey J. Identification of Francisella tularensis cluster in central and western Europe. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:2049–51.
- Svensson K, Granberg M, Karlsson L, Neubauerova V, Forsman M, Johansson A. A real-time PCR array for hierarchical identification of Francisella isolates. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8360.
- Vogler AJ, Birdsell DN, Lee J, Vaissaire J, Doujet CL, Lapalus M, Phylogeography of Francisella tularensis ssp. holarctica in France. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2011;52:177–80.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
Page created: January 24, 2012
Page updated: January 24, 2012
Page reviewed: January 24, 2012
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.