Volume 21, Number 5—May 2015
Postmortem Stability of Ebola Virus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Ebola hemorrhagic fever [cited 2015 Jan 3]. http://www.cdc.gov.ezproxy.nihlibrary.nih.gov/vhf/ebola/
- Dowell SF, Mukunu R, Ksiazek TG, Khan AS, Rollin PE, Peters CJ. Transmission of Ebola hemorrhagic fever: a study of risk factors in family members, Kikwit, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 1995. J Infect Dis. 1999;179(Suppl 1):S87–91 .
- Khan AS, Tshioko FK, Heymann DL, Le Guenno B, Nabeth P, Kerstiëns B, The reemergence of Ebola hemorrhagic fever, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 1995. J Infect Dis. 1999;179(Suppl 1):S76–86.
- Hoenen T, Groseth A, Feldmann F, Marzi A, Ebihara H, Kobinger G, Complete genome sequences of three Ebola virus isolates from the 2014 outbreak in West Africa. Genome Announc. 2014;2:e01331–14.
- Ng S, Cowling B. Association between temperature, humidity and ebolavirus disease outbreaks in Africa, 1976 to 2014. Euro Surveill. 2014;19:20892 .
- Marzi A, Ebihara H, Callison J, Groseth A, Williams KJ, Geisbert TW, Vesicular stomatitis virus–based Ebola vaccines with improved cross-protective efficacy. J Infect Dis. 2011;204(Suppl 3):S1066–74.
- Ebihara H, Rockx B, Marzi A, Feldmann F, Haddock E, Brining D, Host response dynamics following lethal infection of rhesus macaques with Zaire ebolavirus. J Infect Dis. 2011;204(Suppl 3):S991–9.
- Finney DJ. Statistical method in biological assay. New York: Macmillian Publishing Co., Inc.; 1978. p. 394–8.
- Towner JS, Rollin PE, Bausch DG, Sanchez A, Crary SM, Vincent M, Rapid diagnosis of Ebola hemorrhagic fever by reverse transcription–PCR in an outbreak setting and assessment of patient viral load as a predictor of outcome. J Virol. 2004;78:4330–41.
- Bausch DG, Towner JS, Dowell SF, Kaducu F, Lukwiya M, Sanchez A, Assessment of the risk of Ebola virus transmission from bodily fluids and fomites. J Infect Dis. 2007;196(Suppl 2):S142–7.
- Formenty P, Leroy EM, Epelboin A, Libama F, Lenzi M, Sudeck H, Detection of Ebola virus in oral fluid specimens during outbreaks of Ebola virus hemorrhagic fever in the Republic of Congo. Clin Infect Dis. 2006;42:1521–6.
- Grolla A, Jones SM, Fernando L, Strong JE, Ströher U, Möller P, The use of a mobile laboratory unit in support of patient management and epidemiological surveillance during the 2005 Marburg outbreak in Angola. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2011;5:e1183.
Page created: April 18, 2015
Page updated: April 18, 2015
Page reviewed: April 18, 2015
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.