Volume 5, Number 2—April 1999
Neospora caninum Infection and Repeated Abortions in Humans
- Dubey JP, Carpenter JL, Speer CA, Topper MJ, Uggla A. Newly recognized fatal protozoan disease of dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1988;192:1269–85.
- Holmdahl OJM, Mattsson JG, Uggla A, Johansson K-E. The phylogeny of Neospora caninum and Toxoplasma gondii based on ribosomal RNA sequences. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1994;119:187–92.
- McAllister MM, Dubey JP, Lindsay DS, Jolley WR, Wills RA, McGuire AM. Dogs are definitive hosts of Neospora caninum. Int J Parasitol. 1998;28:1473–8.
- Dubey JP, Lindsay DS. A review of Neospora caninum and neosporosis. Vet Parasitol. 1996;67:1–59.
- Holmdahl OJM, Björkman C, Uggla A. A case of Neospora associated bovine abortion in Sweden. Acta Vet Scand. 1995;36:279–81.
- Agerholm JS, Willadsen CM, Nielsen TK, Giese SB, Holm E, Jensen L, Diagnostic studies of abortion in Danish dairy herds. J Vet Med. 1997;A44:551–8.
- Barr BC, Conrad PA, Sverlow KW, Tarantal AF, Hendrickx AG. Experimental fetal and transplacental Neospora infection in the nonhuman primate. Lab Invest. 1994;71:236–42.
- Björkman C, Lundén A, Holmdahl J, Barber J, Tress AJ, Uggla A. Neospora caninum in dogs: detection of antibodies by ELISA using an iscom antigen. Parasite Immunol. 1994;16:643–8.
- Björkman C, Holmdahl OJM, Uggla A. An indirect enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for demonstration of antibodies to Neospora caninum in serum and milk of cattle. Vet Parasitol. 1997;68:251–6.
- Jensen L, Jensen TK, Lind P, Henriksen SA, Uggla A, Bille-Hansen V. Experimental porcine neosporosis. Acta Pathol Microbiol Scand. 1998;106:475–82.
- Sabin AB, Feldman HA. Dyes as microchemical indicators of a new immunity phenomenon affecting a protozoon parasite (Toxoplasma). Science. 1948;108:660–3.
- Sharma SD, Mullenax J, Araujo FG, Erlich HA, Remington JS. Western blot analysis of the antigens of Toxoplasma gondii recognized by human IgM and IgG antibodies. J Immunol. 1983;131:977–83.
- Dubey JP, Hattel AL, Lindsay DS, Topper MJ. Neonatal Neospora caninum infection in dogs: isolation of the causative agent and experimental transmission. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1988;193:1259–63.
- Björkman C, Lundén A. Application of iscom antigen preparations in ELISAs for diagnosis of Neospora and Toxoplasma infections. Int J Parasitol. 1998;28:187–93.
- Huong LTT, Ljungström BL, Uggla A, Björkman C. Prevalence of antibodies to Neospora caninum and Toxoplasma gondii in cattle and water buffaloes in southern Vietnam. Vet Parasitol. 1998;75:53–7.
Page created: December 10, 2010
Page updated: December 10, 2010
Page reviewed: December 10, 2010
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.