Volume 19, Number 2—February 2013
Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis, Japan
- National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. IASR (Infectious Agents Surveillance Report). Scrub typhus and Japanese spotted fever in Japan, 2006–2011 [cited 2012 May 31]. http://idsc.nih.go.jp/iasr/31/363/tpc363.html
- Ando S, Kurosawa M, Sakata A, Fujita H, Sakai K, Sekine M, Human Rickettsia heilongjiangensis infection, Japan. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:1306–8.
- Ohashi N, Inayoshi M, Kitamura K, Kawamori F, Kawaguchi D, Nishimura Y, Anaplasma phagocytophilum–infected ticks, Japan. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:1780–3.
- Wuritu , Kawamori F, Aochi M, Masuda T, Ohashi N. Characterization of p44/msp2 multigene family of Anaplasma phagocytophilum from two different tick species, Ixodes persulcatus and Ixodes ovatus, in Japan. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2009;62:142–5.
- Wuritu , Ozawa Y, Gaowa , Kawamori F, Masuda T, Masuzawa T, Structural analysis of a p44/msp2 expression site of Anaplasma phagocytophilum in naturally infected ticks in Japan. J Med Microbiol. 2009;58:1638–44.
- Kawahara M, Tajima T, Torii H, Yabutani M, Ishii J, Harasawa M, Ehrlichia chaffeensis infection of sika deer, Japan. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:1991–3.
- Gaowa , Wuritu , Wu D, Yoshikawa Y, Ohashi N, Kawamori F, Detection and characterization of p44/msp2 transcript variants of Anaplasma phagocytophilum from naturally infected ticks and wild deer in Japan. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2012;65:79–83.
- Gaowa , Aoch i M, Ohashi N, Wuritu , Wu D, Yoshikawa Y, Rickettsiae in Ticks, Japan, 2007–2011 [letter]. Emerg Infect Dis. 2013;19:338–40.
- Inayoshi M, Naitou H, Kawamori F, Masuzawa T, Ohashi N. Characterization of Ehrlichia species from Ixodes ovatus ticks at the foot of Mt. Fuji, Japan. Microbiol Immunol. 2004;48:737–45 .
- Heo EJ, Park JH, Koo JR, Park MS, Park MY, Dumler JS, Serologic and molecular detection of Ehrlichia chaffeensis and Anaplasma phagocytophila (human granulocytic ehrlichiosis agent) in Korean patients. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:3082–5.
- Zhi N, Ohashi N, Rikihisa Y, Horowitz HW, Wormser GP, Hechemy K. Cloning and expression of the 44-kilodalton major outer membrane protein gene of the human granulocytic ehrlichiosis agent and application of the recombinant protein to serodiagnosis. J Clin Microbiol. 1998;36:1666–73 .
- Ohashi N, Zhi N, Zhang Y, Rikihisa Y. Immunodominant major outer membrane proteins of Ehrlichia chaffeensis are encoded by a polymorphic multigene family. Infect Immun. 1998;66:132–9 .
- Mahara F. Japanese spotted fever: report of 31 cases and review of the literature. Emerg Infect Dis. 1997;3:105–11.
- Lin M, Kikuchi T, Brewer HM, Norbeck AD, Rikihisa Y. Global proteomic analysis of two tick-borne emerging zoonotic agents: Anaplasma phagocytophilum and Ehrlichia chaffeensis. Front Microbiol. 2011;2:24. Epub 2011 Feb 17.
1These authors contributed equally to this article.
2Current affiliation: Ehime Prefectural Central Hospital, Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan.
3Current affiliation: Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi, Japan.
Page created: January 22, 2013
Page updated: January 22, 2013
Page reviewed: January 22, 2013
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.