Volume 27, Number 1—January 2021
Coronavirus Disease among Workers in Food Processing, Food Manufacturing, and Agriculture Workplaces
- Waltenburg MA, Victoroff T, Rose CE, Butterfield M, Jervis RH, Fedak KM, et al.; COVID-19 Response Team. COVID-19 Response Team. Update: COVID-19 among workers in meat and poultry processing facilities—United States, April–May 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020;69:887–92.
- Dyal JW, Grant MP, Broadwater K, Bjork A, Waltenburg MA, Gibbins JD, et al. COVID-19 among workers in meat and poultry processing facilities—19 States, April 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020;69:557–61.
- Baker MG, Peckham TK, Seixas NS. Estimating the burden of United States workers exposed to infection or disease: A key factor in containing risk of COVID-19 infection. PLoS One. 2020;15:
- United States Census Bureau. 2014–2018 American community survey 5-year public use microdata samples (PUMS). 2018 [cited 2020 Jul 31]. https://www.census.gov/acs/www/data/data-tables-and-tools/data-profiles/2018
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) 2020 interim case definition. 2020 Apr 5 [cited 2020 May 26]. https://wwwn.cdc.gov/nndss/conditions/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/case-definition/2020
- United States Census Bureau. North American industry classification system. 2017 [cited 2020 Jul 31]. https://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics
- United States Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation. Notice of Paperwork Reduction Act waiver – coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). 2020 Apr 28 [cited 2020 May 24]. https://aspe.hhs.gov/system/files/pdf/258866/CDC-PHE-PRA-Waiver-Notice-COVID-19-04-28-20.pdf
- Hawkins D. Differential occupational risk for COVID-19 and other infection exposure according to race and ethnicity. Am J Ind Med. 2020;63:817–20.
- Artiga S, Rae M. The COVID-19 outbreak and food production workers: who is at risk? 2020 Jun 3 Kaiser Family Foundation [cited 2020 Jul 31]. https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/the-covid-19-outbreak-and-food-production-workers-who-is-at-risk
- Crews J. Tyson confirms hundreds of COVID-19 cases at Missouri chicken plant. Meat + Poultry. 2020 Jun 29 [cited 2020 Jul 31]. https://www.meatpoultry.com/articles/23379-tyson-confirms-hundreds-of-covid-19-cases-at-missouri-chicken-plant
- McCarthy R. Tyson announces more COVID-19 test results from Arkansas counties. Meat + Poultry. 2020 Jun 23 [cited 2020 Jul 31]. https://www.meatpoultry.com/articles/23340-tyson-announces-more-covid-19-test-results-from-arkansas-counties
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Testing strategy for coronavirus (COVID-19) in high-density critical infrastructure workplaces after a COVID-19 case is identified. 2020 Jun 13 [cited 2020 Jul 31]. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/worker-safety-support/hd-testing.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Meat and poultry processing workers and employers—interim guidance from CDC and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). 2020 Jul 9 [cited 2020 Aug 10]. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/meat-poultry-processing-workers-employers.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Agriculture workers and employers—interim guidance from CDC and the U.S. Department of Labor. 2020 Jun 11 [cited 2020 Aug 10]. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-agricultural-workers.html
Page created: October 13, 2020
Page updated: December 21, 2020
Page reviewed: December 21, 2020
The conclusions, findings, and opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions. Use of trade names is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by any of the groups named above.