Volume 23, Number 5—May 2017
CME ACTIVITY - Research
Increased Neurotropic Threat from Burkholderia pseudomallei Strains with a B. mallei–like Variation in the bimA Motility Gene, Australia
This activity has been planned and implemented through the joint providership of Medscape, LLC and Emerging Infectious Diseases. Medscape, LLC is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Medscape, LLC designates this Journal-based CME activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All other clinicians completing this activity will be issued a certificate of participation. To participate in this journal CME activity: (1) review the learning objectives and author disclosures; (2) study the education content; (3) take the post-test with a 75% minimum passing score and complete the evaluation at http://www.medscape.org/journal/eid; and (4) view/print certificate.
Release date: April 14, 2017; Expiration date: April 14, 2018
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
• Distinguish differences in virulence among Burkholderia pseudomallei bimBm sequence variants, based on a mouse model of neurologic melioidosis
• Distinguish differences in progression among B. pseudomallei bimBm sequence variants
• Determine the implications for clinical disease of these differences among B. pseudomallei bimBm sequence variants in progression and severity of experimental melioidosis.
Jude Rutledge, BA, Technical Writer/Editor, Emerging Infectious Diseases. Disclosure: Jude Rutledge, BA, has disclosed no relevant financial relationships.
Laurie Barclay, MD, freelance writer and reviewer, Medscape, LLC. Disclosure: Laurie Barclay, MD, has disclosed the following relevant financial relationships: owns stock, stock options, or bonds from Alnylam; Biogen; Pfizer.
Disclosures: Jodie L. Morris, BBiomedSc, PhD; Anne Fane, MSc; Derek S. Sarovich, PhD; Erin P. Price, PhD; Catherine M. Rush, PhD; Brenda L. Govan, PhD; Elizabeth Parker, BVSc Masters; Mark Mayo, BSc; Bart J. Currie, FRACP; and Natkunam Ketheesan, MD, PhD, have disclosed no relevant financial relationships.>
- Page created: April 14, 2017
- Page last updated: April 14, 2017
- Page last reviewed: April 14, 2017
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID)
Office of the Director (OD)