Dengue in Fiji
What is the current situation?
The Fiji Ministry of Health and Medical Services has declared a dengue outbreak. From January 2017 to April 2017, 913 laboratory-confirmed dengue cases have been identified, according to the Ministry.
What can travelers do to prevent dengue?
There is no vaccine or medicine currently available in the United States to prevent or treat dengue, which is transmitted to people through mosquito bites. Travelers to Fiji should protect themselves against mosquito bites to avoid getting dengue.
Learn more about dengue, how to prevent it, and what to do if you think you are infected at CDC’s dengue page for travelers.
- Dengue Virus: What You Need to Know
- Guidelines for Travelers Visiting Friends and Family in Areas with Chikungunya, Dengue, or Zika
- Avoid Bug Bites
- Page created: May 12, 2017
- Page last updated: May 12, 2017
- Page last reviewed: May 12, 2017
- Content source: