Travel Health Notices
Types of Notices
Search By Country Name or Disease
Travel Health Notices inform travelers and clinicians about current health issues that impact travelers’ health, like disease outbreaks, special events or gatherings, and natural disasters, in specific international destinations. For a list of all Zika virus Travel Health Notices by region, visit Zika travel information.
Warning Level 3 (Red): Avoid all non-essential travel to this destination. The outbreak is of high risk to travelers and no precautions are available to protect against the identified increased risk.
Alert Level 2 (Yellow): Practice enhanced precautions for this destination. The Travel Health Notice describes additional precautions added, or defines a specific at-risk population.
Watch Level 1 (Green): Practice usual precautions for this destination, as described in the Travel Health Notice and/or on the destination page. This includes being up-to-date on all recommended vaccines and practicing appropriate mosquito avoidance.
Department of State Safety and Security Alerts: Travel Advisories.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Weather Alerts: International Weather Selector
Warning Level 3, Avoid Nonessential Travel
- Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas September 12, 2019 Parts of the Bahamas, including the Abacos and Grand Bahama Island, have been severely affected by Hurricane Dorian. US residents should avoid nonessential travel to affected parts of the Bahamas. Read More >>
- Health Infrastructure Breakdown in Venezuela August 07, 2019 CDC recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential travel to Venezuela. The country is experiencing outbreaks of infectious diseases, and adequate health care is currently not available in most of the country. Read More >>
Alert Level 2, Practice Enhanced Precautions
- New Polio in Africa December 11, 2019 There are polio outbreaks in several countries in Africa. CDC recommends that all travelers to these countries be vaccinated fully against polio. Read More >>
- New Polio in Asia December 11, 2019 There are polio outbreaks in several countries in Asia. CDC recommends that all travelers to these countries be vaccinated fully against polio. Read More >>
- Updated Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo October 29, 2019 There is an outbreak of Ebola in the North Kivu (Kivu Nord) and Ituri provinces in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Read More >>
- Yellow Fever in Nigeria October 07, 2019 A large, ongoing outbreak of yellow fever in Nigeria began in September 2017. The outbreak is now spread throughout the country. Travelers going to Nigeria should receive vaccination against yellow fever at least 10 days before travel and should take steps to prevent mosquito bites while there. Read More >>
- Rubella in Japan August 07, 2019 There is an outbreak of rubella in Japan. Travelers to Japan should make sure they are vaccinated against rubella with the MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine before travel. Read More >>
Watch Level 1, Practice Usual Precautions
- Updated Dengue in Asia and the Pacific Islands December 04, 2019 Dengue is a risk in many parts of Asia and the Pacific Islands. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to Asia and the Pacific Islands can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites. Read More >>
- Dengue in the Mediterranean Region October 09, 2019 Locally acquired dengue virus infection has been reported in France and Spain. The risk of infection to travelers to the Mediterranean region is low. Read More >>
- Chikungunya in Ethiopia October 08, 2019 There is an outbreak of chikungunya in Ethiopia. You can protect yourself against chikungunya disease by preventing mosquito bites Read More >>
- Dengue in the Americas October 03, 2019 Dengue is a risk in many parts of Central and South America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to the Americas can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites. Read More >>
- XDR Typhoid Fever in Pakistan September 30, 2019 There is an ongoing outbreak of extensively drug-resistant (XDR) typhoid fever in Pakistan. Extensively drug-resistant infections do not respond to most antibiotics. Read More >>
- Dengue in Africa and the Middle East September 13, 2019 Dengue is a risk in many parts of Africa and the Middle East. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to Africa and the Middle East can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites. Read More >>
- Malaria in Burundi August 22, 2019 There is a malaria epidemic in Burundi, a country in central Africa. To prevent malaria infection, travelers should take prescription medicine and take steps to prevent mosquito bites. Read More >>
- Lassa Fever in Nigeria August 07, 2019 Nigerian health officials have declared an outbreak of Lassa fever in Nigeria. Travelers to Nigeria should avoid contact with rats. Read More >>
- Global Measles Outbreak Notice June 10, 2019 Measles is in many countries and outbreaks of the disease are occurring around the world. Before you travel internationally, regardless of where you are going, make sure you are protected fully against measles. Read More >>