The mission of CDC Travelers' Health is to reduce illness and injury in US residents traveling internationally or living abroad. Applying the best science, we provide alerts, recommendations, education, and technical support to travelers and the healthcare providers who serve them. More Travelers' Health information.
CDC Health Information for International Travel (the Yellow Book) contains the US government's most current travel health guidelines, including pre-travel vaccine recommendations, destination-specific health advice, and easy-to-reference maps, tables, and charts. Available free online and for iOS or Android.
General Vaccine Information
- Travel Vaccine Quick Guide
- Routine Immunization Schedules
- Vaccine Information Statements (VIS)
- Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (Pink Book)
- Vaccine Administration (Pink Book)
- The Vaccination Records: Finding, Interpreting, and Recording
Pre-travel Care Tools
- Pre-Travel Quick Guide: Highlights major topics for discussion to support your pre-travel consultations with patients traveling abroad.
- Destination Finder for Health Recommendations: Search travel health recommendations by country.
- Providers' Rapid Evaluation Portal (PREP): a free interactive clinical tool to guide you through pre-travel consultations with patients traveling abroad.
- Travel Clinic Locator Tool: provides resources to find pre-travel care at a health department, travel medicine clinic, or yellow fever vaccination clinic.
- Factsheets for Travelers: featuring common travel health topics, general information for travelers, information for travelers with special needs, and information for different types of travel.
- Zika Interactive Map: search by location to find out if Zika is in a particular destination.
- Yellow Fever Travel Information: A one-stop shop for yellow fever information, including risk areas, travel notices, and vaccine availability.
- Yellow Fever & Malaria Information by Country Yellow Book country-specific information and maps on yellow fever vaccine requirements and recommendations and malaria transmission information and prophylaxis recommendations.
- Disease directory: information concerning specific diseases that can affect travelers.
- Travel Notices: Get the latest country-specific information on disease outbreaks, special events or gatherings, and natural disasters affecting travelers' health.
Patient Symptom Evaluation Tools
- Post-Travel Full Evaluation (Yellow Book): Most post-travel infections become apparent soon after travel, but incubation periods vary, and some syndromes can present months to years after initial infection. When evaluating a patient with a probable travel-related illness, the clinician should consider the items summarized in this tool. Most common symptoms in returned travelers include
- CDC Contact Information for Clinicians [PDF – 2 pages]: Get contact information for CDC assistance and information about infectious diseases..
- Clinical Consultative Services: The American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene provides a list of physicians who offer clinical consultative service in Tropical Medicine, Medical Parasitology and Travelers' Health.
- Yellow Fever Vaccine: Information for Health Care Professionals Advising Travelers
- Malaria 101 for the Health Care Provider
- Hantavirus Disease: Information for Medical Providers
- Lassa Fever:
- CDC Webinar on Summer Travel 2018
- US State Department Travel Site: Information includes safety and security in destinations, passports, visas, and entry/exit requirements
- US Customs and Border Protection: Information about what you can and cannot bring back from your trip abroad
- US Embassies: Helpful in-country contacts during your travel
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA): Information airport security checks
- CIA World Factbook: Background information about countries around the world
- Page created: April 16, 2013
- Page last updated: February 21, 2019
- Page last reviewed: February 21, 2019
- Content source: