Travel Health Notices
Search By Country Name or Disease
Travel Health Notices inform travelers and clinicians about current health issues that impact travelers’ health, like disease outbreaks, special events or gatherings, and natural disasters, in destinations around the world. See types of travel notices.
Department of State Safety and Security Alerts: Travel Advisories.
Warning Level 3, Avoid Nonessential Travel
Alert Level 2, Practice Enhanced Precautions
- Updated Ebola in Uganda October 04, 2022 The Ministry of Health of Uganda has declared an Ebola outbreak in several districts in Uganda. Read More >>
- New Global Polio September 26, 2022 Some international destinations have circulating poliovirus. Before any international travel, make sure you are up to date on your polio vaccines. Read More >>
- Floods in Pakistan September 13, 2022 Due to record rainfall, Pakistan is experiencing flooding, particularly in Balochistan and Sindh Provinces. Read More >>
- Yellow Fever in Kenya July 27, 2022 There is a yellow fever outbreak in Kenya. Confirmed cases have been reported in residents of Isiolo and Garissa Counties. Read More >>
- Yellow Fever in Nigeria May 04, 2022 There is an outbreak of yellow fever in Nigeria. Travelers to Nigeria should take steps to prevent yellow fever by getting vaccinated at least 10 days before travel and taking steps to prevent mosquito bites. Read More >>
- Yellow Fever in Ghana December 14, 2021 Since October 2021, there has been a yellow fever outbreak in Ghana with numerous cases, including some deaths, in the following regions: Savannah, Upper West, Bono, and Oti. Read More >>
Watch Level 1, Practice Usual Precautions
- Salmonella Newport in Mexico September 08, 2022 Some travelers who have spent time in Mexico have been infected with multidrug-resistant (MDR) Salmonella Newport. Read More >>
- Dengue in Asia and the Pacific Islands September 06, 2022 Dengue is a risk in many parts of Asia and the Pacific Islands. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to Asia and the Pacific Islands can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites. Read More >>
- Dengue in the Americas August 15, 2022 Dengue is a risk in many parts of Central and South America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to the Americas can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites. Read More >>
- Dengue in Africa and the Middle East August 09, 2022 Dengue is a risk in many parts of Africa and the Middle East. Some countries are reporting increased numbers of cases of the disease. Travelers to Africa and the Middle East can protect themselves by preventing mosquito bites. Read More >>
- Rabies in Haiti July 19, 2022 Cases of rabies in dogs have been reported in Haiti, and dog vaccination against rabies is limited. Seek immediate medical attention for all animal bites or scratches. Read More >>
- Cholera in Cameroon May 03, 2022 There is an outbreak of cholera in Cameroon's Centre, Littoral, South, Southwest, and North regions. To prevent cholera, travelers should follow safe food and water guidelines, and wash their hands. Read More >>
- Measles in Afghanistan March 17, 2022 There is an outbreak of measles in Afghanistan. Cases have been reported in all provinces, with the highest rates occurring in Paktya, Balkh, Kunduz, Zabul, Kandahar, and Logar. Read More >>
- Measles in Africa March 04, 2022 Some countries in Africa are reporting increased numbers of cases (outbreaks) of measles. All travelers to Africa, including infants and pre-school aged children, should be fully vaccinated against measles, according to CDC immunization schedules. Read More >>
- Monkeypox in Nigeria November 30, 2021 Travelers to Nigeria should avoid contact with sick people, animals such as rodents (rats, squirrels) and non-human primates (monkeys, chimpanzees), products that come from wild animals (including wild game), and contaminated materials (such as clothing or bedding) used by sick people or animals. Read More >>
- Monkeypox in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 30, 2021 There is an ongoing outbreak of monkeypox in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Read More >>
- XDR Typhoid Fever in Pakistan September 30, 2021 An outbreak of extensively drug-resistant (XDR) typhoid fever in Pakistan is ongoing. Extensively drug-resistant infections do not respond to most antibiotics. Read More >>
Types of Notices
Warning Level 3 (Red): Avoid all non-essential travel to this destination. The outbreak is of high risk to travelers and no precautions are available to protect against the identified increased risk.
Alert Level 2 (Yellow): Practice enhanced precautions for this destination. The Travel Health Notice describes additional precautions added, or defines a specific at-risk population.
Watch Level 1 (Green): Practice usual precautions for this destination, as described in the Travel Health Notice and/or on the destination page. This includes being up-to-date on all recommended vaccines and practicing appropriate mosquito avoidance.